Chapter 6: No Regrets Part 1

~KARA’s POV~

“SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN” I hiss like a vampire as I place my pillow over my head. My head huuurrttsss.. Why does my head hur- Oh. OH. CRAP.

My brain rolls through the events of last night like a horror movie, until finally ending the show at a beautiful girl standing above me.

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

I panic and jump off the bed in shock. My eyes reach the couch, the sight of the sleeping H/C easing my worry but still making my heart beat like a drum.

Y/N. Y/N IS ON MY COUCH.
Why’s she on my couch?
Why’s she in my apartment?
Why’s she still in her clothes from last night?

Just...WHAT?!

I slowly inch closer towards the gentle H/C until suddenly pausing. What do I do?! Do I wake her up?! Do I leave her?! No! Ugh… She’s...she’s too beautiful to wake up… 

“I see you’re awake.” a sudden but gentle voice escapes the - apparently not - sleeping woman. 
“I-ye-um-I-” I stutter, attempting to form a sentence or at least a word. Say something, Kara!

“Alright, I’m going to pretend you just asked me a series of questions about last night,” she starts to say as she sits up, easing my heart beat a little more, “No, nothing happened.
No, you didn’t do anything that stupid.
Yes, I’m at your apartment because I took you home after you got too drunk last night. You asked me to stay...so I slept on the couch to keep you company. It’s alright Kara...
Are you alright?” 

I just stand there in shock and confusion until I slump into the chair next to me. She chuckles cutely and cleans up her hair, “Should...should I go?”
“No! I mean...no, it’s okay - you can stay if you want…” I fiddle with my glasses, thankful they’re still on.
She notices me fiddling and adds, “I..um...I left your glasses on since...well, I’ve never really seen you without them! And...you...you looked kind of uncomfortable in your jacket and shirt...so I changed you into your pj shirt.” I look down realising what I’m wearing and a small panic starts again.
“Don’t worry, I didn’t peak!” she teases, making me blush as she stands up and grabs her things, “I should probably get going… It’s a Sunday and...um...I do stuff...on Sundays.” 
After saying goodbye, she leaves me to rethink about...well...everything

~Midday~

My feet land smoothly on the shiny DEO floor as the sun shines behind me. I make my way over to the table where the group stands - including C/N. I share a quick smile with her until facing J’onn. “Ah, Supergirl, how nice of you to arrive.” the director states, while Alex and I share a look, “We’ve been researching this ‘robber’ and what he used against you.” I nod and glance back over towards C/N who’s fiddling with her hair - I guess she does it when she’s nervous or something. God she's so cute-
Damn it Kara-

After J’onn fills us in, C/N drags Winn into the training room while I bring Alex into a corner. “I..um...I didn’t do anything stupid last night, did I?” I ask Alex, looking around the room making sure I’m not heard. 
“No. Not that stupid.” she replies, making me chuckle, “What?”
“Nothing...It’s just...Y/N said, this morning, that-” I accidentally let slip out, causing a shocked look to grow across my sister’s face. 
“SHE WHAT?!” Alex yells, causing me to cover her mouth with my hands. 

I suddenly realise the mistake I have made, but it’s too late - I feel Alex’s tongue lick my hands causing me to release and wipe the disgustingness on my suit, “ALEX!” I screech. 
“She slept over?!” she asks, still raising her voice. 
“”Well…she… Apparently I asked her to, so she kindly slept on the couch to keep me company, that’s all!” She just gives me a non-believing look, raising her eyebrow at me. 
“Nothing happened Alex! She’s just a very kind and sweet girl.” 
“Yes, a very kind and sweet girl that clearly likes you.” she claims, making me tilt my head back in annoyance. 
“I don’t like her like that, Alex!” I convince my sister, maybe even trying to convince myself…
“Whatever you say…” she says, walking away, making my eyes wander over to Winn and C/N coming out of the training room.