- the busy street -

the street was crowded, bustling with people coming to and from work.

"yah, move it, will you?!"

chaewon heard an angry voice behind her, the harsh tone nagging at her brain and urging her to walk faster. she stepped one foot in front of the other, quickening her pace and walking towards her car while trying her best to avoid running into anyone.

she opened her car door as she felt a hard, bony shoulder crash into her own with such a force that it caused her to stumble forward, hitting her head on her side-view mirror.

"fuck.." chaewon cursed under her breath. she grit her teeth and sat on the driver's seat of her car, slamming the door shut.

looking in the rear-view mirror, chaewon pressed her fingers lightly to the spot on her forehead that the throbbing pain was coming from. she winced and looked at her fingers, seeing that they were now smeared with blood.

"fuck." she muttered again, letting out a deep sigh. she wiped her hand with a tissue and started her car.

after a few moments of deeps breaths and held back tears, chaewon pressed her foot down on the gas and pulled out of her parking space before positioning her car correctly on the right side of the road and driving to work.