90's Damon- I Just Knew

"Damon will you please get down, you're going to send me into an early fucking grave" You laughed nervously, your eyes following him as he climbed onto the edge of the rooftop. You shook your head, clenching your hand around the neck of the champagne bottle before bringing it up to your mouth and taking a large gulp.

Coming out onto the top of the rooftop of the block of flats you lived in was your way to escape together. Over the past few years you'd been together, you'd seen the sun rise and set from this exact spot more times than you could count. It was where you came when everything was too much, where you could just be together without the world watching but it was also where you came to celebrate or to just spend a bit of time together, watching the world go by.

"Sorry love, I just think I'm part monkey, you know?" He laughed, giving you his best monkey impression before jumping back onto the roof and bounding over to you.

"Part idiot more like" You smirked, laughing at his frown before closing the gap between you and wrapping your arms around his neck, kissing his pouty lips.

He laughed, breaking away from your arms and pulling you onto the floor with him. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders as you aimlessly passed the champagne bottle between you. The old radio he had brought out with him filled the moments of silence between you both.

Your mouth dropped open, before forming into a smile as you heard the radio presenter introduce 'End of a Century'. Damon screwed up his face, leaning across to try and turn the station over, but you were quicker. You reached across and grabbed hold of both of his hands, pulling him up to his feet.

"Really y/n? Don't make me listen to myself" He laughed lightly, though you could tell he was cringing slightly.

"Dance with me" You whispered, quickly putting your arms around his neck as he wrapped his around your waist.

"No" He whined, shaking his head "Not to this song love"

You laughed, tightening your grip on him as you gently started swaying to the music. You were choosing to ignore his complaints, you wanted to dance and dance you shall, whether he liked it or not. It wasn't long before his frown cracked into a smile, his thumbs drawing gentle circles on your hips as your bodies moved in sync to the song.

"I remember when you first played me that song" You pondered, resting your head on his shoulder. Images of a shirtless Damon, stumbling over his words as he closed his eyes and sung that song to you, his voice raw and heartfelt, filled your mind causing an involuntary smile to appear onto your face.

He hummed in agreement, reaching his head across to place a kiss on the top of your head. You could feel the smile his lips as he pressed them against you.

"Long time ago now" He mumbled, you sighed and nodded your head, the time really did seem to be flying by.

"Do you remember when we first met?" You asked him, laughing slightly as you pulled away to gauge his reaction. He laughed loudly, nodding his head as his smile stretched further across his face.

"How could I forget having to hold your hair back as you puked on my shoes?" He laughed, causing you to pull away from him completely and frown at his toothy grin.

"That did not happen" You objected, giggling lightly as you gently hit his chest.

"It fucking did, I could never get those shoes clean again" He exclaimed, his intense gaze on you causing a slight blush to appear on your cheeks.

"No it didn't Damon, not the first time I met you anyway" You whined, you ending up a rather drunken mess seemed to be the only thing his selective memory chose to remember.

"Okay, you're right" He laughed, shaking his head as he rolled his eyes "that happened on our first date, but the first time we met was so brief it's not worth remembering as much as you vomiting everywhere was"

"Only because your fucking band mates ambushed us and got me absolutely fucked" You scoffed, what had started off as a very respectable dinner had ended a complete mess. Even all these years later you still couldn't keep up with their drinking, not that you'd ever admit it.

"It didn't scare me off though, did it?" He laughed, his eyes glistening as he too thought back to that night.

"No, quite the opposite really" You laughed loudly as more memories came flooding back "you'd had what? Two drinks? And you told me you were going to marry me one day"

"I just had a good feeling about you" He smiled lazily, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you close to him once again "And I will still marry you, one day"

"It was a bit much on the first date though Dames" You laughed, trying to shrug off the heat rising in your cheeks after his comment.

"I didn't see you complaining that evening" He laughed smugly, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Well you're very hard to say no to" You retorted, resting your head on his shoulder once again.

"I knew though y/n, even back then I just knew that you were the one. I would even go as far to say that when I asked you on that date I had a bloody good feeling, there's just something unbelievably special about you. I still sometimes can't believe how fucking lucky I am to have you, some people wait their entire lives to find this kind of love, but here I am, relishing in it each and everyday" He rambled, his grip in your waist tightening as he turned you both around so you were looking out from the rooftop.

You pulled slightly away from him, looking up at his sparkling blue eyes and sun kissed skin before reaching up and pressing your lips against his. You must have shared millions of kisses by now, but each kiss still erupted those butterflies in your stomach once again.

"I love you Damon"

You sighed in content as you rested your head onto his shoulder again, both of you watching the sun cast golds and oranges across the sky as it set on the city.

"I love you too y/n, so so much"

A/N

This was my very first request so I hope I've done it the justice it deserves!!

I've got a fair few requests that I'm *very* slowly making my way through, but as always, if you have any requests for any of the blur boys then send me a message and I'll do my best to make it happen!

I really hope you all enjoyed this!

Blur Imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara