Chapter 3

Kakashi's POV

Jumping to my feet I turn around seeing the three Genin, giving me a look that promises pain.

"What are you doing Kakashi sensei?" Naruto asks me in a very annoyed tone. "I just wanted to see what you kids do on your free time." I state giving them an eye smile. "And stalking us is your answer?" Questions Sakura. "I wouldn't call it stalking per say..... More like investigating." I say, trying to save myself, because these three don't look very happy at all. "Fine!" Naruto almost yells. "Do you want to know more about us?" He asks. All I can do is nod in reply. 

"Than stay for dinner." He states looking at me with wary eyes. "Ruto do you think that's a good idea, we can't trust him." Sasuke asks Naruto while Sakura nods in agreement. 'What do they mean 'can't trust him' What did I do?' I think to myself. "I know but we are going to be working with him on missions and training, it's not like we have a choice here." Naruto replies and I can see the reluctant agreement from Sasuke and Sakura. 

"Fine but if he..." Sasuke trails off and Naruto shoots him a glare than glances at me. "Don't bring that up now Suke, please you know 'that' is one of the few things I can't handle." Naruto states seriously but at the same time his voice sounds pained. I watch there interactions closely, wonder what the hell their talking about. "I'm sorry." He says to Naruto in a somber tone, like he went to far. "It's fine, Kakashi sensei what do you usually eat?" His tone turns softer and lighter when he spoke to me, I give him an eye smile. "My favorite is fried fish." 

He gives me a small smile and walks into the kitchen with Sakura behind him, leaving Sasuke and I alone in the living room. "Kakashi can I have a word with you?" Sasuke asks seriously. I nod and motion for him to lead the way.

I follow him to the back porch of the house, "I'm going to assume you know everything about Naruto." He says sounding more like a statement than a question. I wonder what he means, I know everthing from the nine tailed fox to his heritage. I nod but I'm not sure where he is going with this. 

"The three of us know everything, who is parents are and his tendent." My mouth fall's open and I feel my eye widen in shock. "How do you know all of this? It's supposed to be an SS-rank secret. How did you figure it out?" I blurt out, not able to control myself.

"It's not really a secret the whole village knows, and his parents, well that was also easy, he is a carbon copy of the fourth." He says as if it's not a big deal but something in his eyes is bothering me. He seems to have some resentment toward me. 

"Why do you resent me?" I ask hoping there is a good reason. He glares at me, his eyes filled with hate almost making me flinch. "If you really want to know I'll tell you." He sneers, making me gulp. "We also know that you were his dad's student." I start to sputter on the spot but he continues before I can say anything. "We also know that you looked up to Minato as a father. So my question for you is why in the seven hells did you leave Naruto to the mercy of those damn villagers? Why did you allow him to get beat, raped and starved?" He looks right in my eyes his posture and face promising pain. "I-I didn't k-know a-any of this h-happened." I tried to defend myself.

He glares at me, "We don't trust you for that reason, when we first met he was fucken broken, he was living on the streets, he wanted to end it all!" As he talks he raises his voice, Guilt tugs at my chest. "I know you lost many people Kakashi but leaving a boy of the age of 4 on the streets, stealing and digging in the trash for food is no way to live." He voice is eerily calm. He takes a deep breath, and looks me right in the eye, "If you ever abandon him again." I interrupt him. "I won't abandon any of you." I say with determination.

"We will see in time." He states and turns to make his way back inside, he pauses at the door, "You should know he also knows you were supposed to be in his life, he will not forgive you till he can trust you, that is going to be a very long road." He says before going inside and leaving me with my thoughts. 

I stay on the back porch thinking about what he said, I'm not sure what to do. I shake my head and make my way inside to see that Naruto and Sakura have dinner set out on the table. We all sit down and I'm about to eat when I notice, the three Genins all turn away from me. "What are you three doing?" I ask thoroughly confused. "We know you like to keep your face covered sensei so we are turning around so you can eat in peace." I was shocked instead of wanting to see my face they turn away. 

I can't help the smile that comes to my face. The first people to leave me eat in peace. I pull down my mask and take a bite of the grilled fish. My eye widens in shock, "Who make this fish, it's amazing!" I exclaim happily. I hear Naruto chuckle. "That was me sensei I'm glad you like it."

After dinner was eaten and everything was cleaned, I make my way toward the door when I was stopped by something grabbing my sleeve. I turn to se Naruto giving me a grave look. "Can I talk to you before you go home?" He asks, in a low tone. I nod my head and follow him to the living room while Sasuke and Sakura make their way outside to train. 

"What did Sasuke say to you earlier?" He asks, with a sigh. "He just told me that none of you trust me and the many reasons why." I reply vaguely. He nods in agreement and runs his hand over his face. The next question he asks leaves me speechless. "Why did you leave me to rot?" He puts his head down in his hands, I see his body begin to shake with silent sobs.

I look down at me own shaking hands not sure how to answer his question. I get down on one knee in front of him and put my hand on his shoulder. He flinches making me frown but doesn't move away. I take a deep breath and begin to explain my side of the story. 

"I was told you were safe in the orphanage, I went to the Hokage regularly making sure you were doing okay. I had no idea what was happening to you I swear, I would have done something." His sobs have subsided but he still hasn't looked up at me. "I know you probably won't forgive me but please know that I am so sorry." I try to say evenly but my voice cracks and breaks a bit. "Please I'm so sorry, I swear I would have some something." I breath in almost a whisper. 

He finally looks up at me, his eyes hold so much pain and suffering. "I-I won't f-forgive you y-yet." He stutters out. I get up and sit beside him on the couch, I place my hand on his back rubbing comforting circles. He tenses up but relaxes, "I know that Naruto but I hope in time I can be a person worthy of your trust and forgiveness." I state sadly. He stands up and starts to walk out, "You can leave whenever." He states in an even tone that had a touch of coldness to it.

I keep my eyes down casted as I slowly make my way home. I don't really know what to do anymore. My own student's hate me for decisions I made that made Naruto's life a living hell. I was always told he was okay and that he was well taken care of. I will try my best to get to know my students and make sure they are ready to become shinobi. Make sure they are strong shinobi, make sure they grow to be the best people they can be. 

I will try my best to create a connection with my students.

Naruto's POV

After Kakashi left I make my way out to my siblings. "I had a talk with Kakashi." I state, I hear Sasuke growl, "What did he say?" He asks, I know he hates Kakashi but we will work on that. "He seemed very truthful, I don't think he had any idea what was going on. Apparently he went to the Hokage regularly to make sure I was alright." I say trying to calm Sasuke down. Kura turns to me, "Can we trust him?" She asks. I shrug, "We will see, only time will tell." I say looking up at the night sky. 

"He seems like a good hearted person that has just made many mistakes." Kura says to nobody in particular. I nod my head in agreement while Suke is glaring at the ground. 

"Suke you need to relax, we have to spend alot of time with him now." I inform him. He takes a deep breath and looks at me with somber eye's. 

"I just don't want either of you to be hurt anymore." A small smile comes onto my face. "I Suke I feel the same way about both of you but we need to look at this from his perspective as well. He lost many people and got lost in grief, with no one to help him." A tear falls down my cheek but I continue. "We had each other as supports for our loneliness and anger but he had no one." I say. 

His eyes soften and he nods reluctantly, "I guess I understand where he comes from." He says softly. I smile at him. "Why don't he head to bed. We do have the bell test in the morning don't we?" They nod and we head in for the night.