Chapter 5

6 month time skip

3rd POV

It's been 6 months since Kakashi has had his Genin team, he has informed the Hokage about there skill levels and today they are going to be tested for real to see what rank they should be.

Kakashi has been getting along very well with his students, it may have taken him 6 months but now they fully trust him. They hold no secrets from him, they invite him to dinner and he does the same. 

The relationship between the four have grown by leaps and bounds, the three siblings have come to think of Kakashi as a father figure, that they never had. He has taught them about life and has been there for them whenever he is needed. The three Genin  have also been taught by Kakashi not only in the life of a shinobi but also in everyday life. Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto have come to love Kakashi like family. Kakashi knows his students have started to rely on him more than a sensei and he is okay with that. In the past few months they have started to show more of themselves to him and come to him with problems that are not only shinobi based. He is starting to see his students has his kids that he has to protect.

The three siblings were at home about to leave when Naruto spoke up, "I think I'm going to forgive Kakashi." Sasuke and Sakura turn to him with a smile on both there faces. "I'm sure he will be glad to hear that Ruto." Sakura says while Sasuke nods in agreement.

Kakashi was in a really good mood he was about to tell his cute little Genin that they are going to be tested by the Hokage to estimate there strength. Making his way to there meeting point at training ground 7. 

Kakashi arrives to see his three Genin quietly talking amongst themselves. "Hey my cute little Genin." Kakashi says as he approaches his students. "Morning Kaka-sensei." Sakura replies. 

Kakashi notices that Naruto is acting a bit out of sorts, "Naruto you okay?" He asks Naruto nods, "Ya I just want to talk to you for a second." Nodding Kakashi follows Naruto just out of ear shot of the other two.

"What is it Naruto. Is everything okay?" Naruto gently smiles before replying, "I just thought I would tell you that I forgive you." Naruto says as Kakashi's eye widens and he suddenly feels a tear fall down his face.

Kakashi grabs Naruto in a hug, the boy tenses but relaxes, "I thought I'd never hear you say that, thank you." His voice breaks a bit at the end, but he is to happy to think about that.

After a moment Kakashi lets go of Naruto, "I also have some really good news for the three of you as well, shall we?" Kakashi says/asks. Nodding Naruto smiles up at Kakashi, "Of course Kaka-sensei." Kakashi's breath hitches in his throat since this is the first time he has used Sakura's and Sasuke's nickname for him. He feels another soak into his face mask but quickly wipes it as they make there way to the other two, 'He has finally accepted me.' He thinks to himself happily.

"Since the three of you are way past Genin level, the Hokage has decided that he wants to test you to see if you should get a promotion to a different rank." Kakashi explains to his now wide eyed students. 

The three stand in shock for a moment before they all have smiles on there faces, Kakashi soon mirroring that smile beneath his mask. 

The three siblings run up to Kakashi, plowing him to the ground in a hug. Kakashi was at a lose for words, he was beyond shocked at there actions. They have never hugged him before, smiling he embraces his three students.

After a moment they finally crawl off of Kakashi, "Should we tell him?" Sasuke asks, getting a nod from Naruto and Sakura. Kakashi looks at them confused. Smiling at her brothers Sakura looks at Kakashi, "We thought we should tell you that we don't only see you as a sensei."