CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4:
Similarities.
Wanda

I tilted my head at the TV, wondering why I had never heard of this before as I dried off my hair with a towel.

"The Mutants are still pushing for acceptance, with bills still being pushed towards parliament and even a current bill waiting for the president to either sign or veto, known as the Law of Acceptance. This law would allow any Mutant to have the same rights as humans, and efficiently stop the trafficking of Mutants and anyone who deliberately harms a Mutant will face harsher punishment."

Mutant?

"But, of course, many do not want this law due to the many actions of the Mutant Terrorist, Erik Lensherr, and his actions towards the government."

"Personally," Dick startled me as he walked into his kitchen, which wasn't far from the living room.

"I just think keeping rights from them is just racism with extra steps."

"It certainly feels that way," I muttered as clips of this Erik Lensherr came on screen, his violence clearly one that was provoked. Even through a screen, you could see his pure rage.

"Who's Erik Lensherr?" I asked out of curiosity.

"You don't know who Magneto is?" I nodded no.

Sokovia didn't worry about American politics.

Or those who didn't belong.

"He's a Mutant who was accused of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, and used to constantly wage war with the government for using Mutants for experiments, or just planning out an entire genocide of their kind. No one knows about his past, but he's been in hiding for the past ten years. Or, he died and no one noticed. Other Mutants have been questioned on his whereabouts, but they'd never give him up. They have more loyalty than humans do," Dick sighed as he looked at the screen, his brow slightly raising as he looked at Erik Lensherr.

"You and your brother got your powers through HYDRA experimentation, right?"

"Yes, through the Mind Stone," I confirmed.

"Because it's common for Mutants to not be born with their abilities. They develop overtime, or. . .they need to be activated by something," He put on his jacket and set his gun on his holster as he explained.

"But, by an Infinity Stone? Why would my abilities need something so powerful to activate it?"

And that is if I was a Mutant.

But it isn't possible.

"Just a thought," He shrugged, "but you have my number, there's food in the fridge-"

"And I'll call if there's an emergency?" I guessed.

He chuckled, "I'll see you tonight."

I felt myself relax on his armchair, and mindlessly watched the TV as thoughts about my future aimlessly wandered. From just walking around yesterday, it doesn't seem like anyone is currently chasing me, but things could change.

Did he read it?

I left Viz a note before I left, and I knew he would read it. I didn't want him to think what we had meant nothing to me, but that it is safer for the both of us that I leave. It makes my heart ache that I didn't get to face him.

It's for the best.

He is better without me.

____________

"So this girl remembers you from the Circus, but she's fourteen?"

"I know, it's crazy, but she remembered how my parents died. And she knew just by looking at me," Dick summed up as we drove in a cop car, following the one that took the girl.

Rachel.

"Maybe she read the papers?"

"And knew up how I would age?"

He's right.

His face in the papers would be him but much younger.

"Wanda, I know it's a lot to ask, but I don't think she's normal. She needs help, and not from the police," Dick asked of me, his tone urgent and apologetic because he knew asking this might expose me.

"If she's not human, and she's strong, then it won't just be me that they'll be after anymore. Anyone with power now is a threat," I warned.

"But they'll have to go through me to get to her."

She's young, and she has powers she probably doesn't understand.

I won't let them hurt anyone else.

I saw myself in Rachel, and once I decided to protect her and mentor her, then the Witch within me started to show herself.

The Scarlet Witch.

///
I rlly wanna write the angsty scenes between Dick and Vision, but that'll be awhile. But Wanda and Dick will grow closer, so do you think he'll protect her if the Avengers come for her?