CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16:
Lost and Found
Wanda

I have no idea how much time has passed.

I have no idea if that woman was real.

I have no idea who my own mother was, or how she died.

If I have my powers anymore.

My head laid against the white brick walls, just waiting for the time to pass and hoping that whoever was holding me captive would eventually just end my suffering.

Because I failed. I swore to Rachel that I would protect her, that I would help her learn more about the power within her and how to control it. 

Before it can control her.

Wanda Maximoff, Sokovian refugee, still missing.

Wanda Maximoff, terrorist, still on the run.

Wanda Maximoff, ex-Avenger and traitor to SHIELD, found dead.

The possibilities were endless on how they could paint me to the world, and that’s if these people decided on keeping my body or if I would be found on the side of the road.

Or maybe they’d make me a mindless zombie to do whatever they wanted.

At that point, I would just want Vision to kill me.

“Wanda!” 

Huh?

The window that they had used to watch me, I saw Rachel, this boy with green hair, a woman with bright red hair, and then Dick. Rachel immediately opened the door, running in and towards my limp self on the floor.

“Wanda, I thought they killed you!” Rachel cried into my shoulder, hugging me but the familiar warmth that she held wasn’t there.

“You’re not. . .” She pulled away, “you’re not Rachel.”

“What? Wanda, I-I’m right here,” She said, but her hands felt cold on my arms.

“No, no. . .Rachel was warm, your hands are cold. She must have died, and it’s my fault,” I croaked out, not having the energy to even wipe away the tears that spilled down my cheeks.

“Haven’t you done enough?”

“Wanda, do you know who did this to you?”

I squinted at the red haired woman, “Who are you?”

She looked at Dick with an alarmed expression, and he kneeled by me. His energy was immediately concerned and warm, his brown eyes landing on mine with that puppy dog expression that lured me back.

Even after what he did.

“She’s dead, isn’t she? I’m so sorry, it’s my fault,” I whimpered.

“Wanda, she’s right here. She’s not dead-”

“Don’t lie to me. Just because I can’t remember the last few days doesn’t mean you can mess with my memory more-”

“Did they hurt you? Do you remember what they did to you? Did they inject you with anything?” He lifted my arms up, moving my hair from my neck to check any entry points.

“Even if they did, it doesn’t matter. My powers are gone, I’m useless now,” The tension in the room thickened, the air becoming almost unbearable to breathe as I buried my head in my knees.

“Let me die here. . ,please.”

Rachel is dead.

She’s gone and it’s my fault.

I’m nothing.

“Wanda. . .Wanda, do you know me?” I peaked my head up from my knees to see the boy with green hair.

And shook my head no.

“You saved me. You saved me and Rachel, all without your powers. You cared about me more than anyone I’ve ever known, and it’s only been a few days,” He chuckled, sniffling.

“I’m sorry,” I repeated, “but you can’t care about me, those are the rules. . .I thought they cared about me, I thought that I was family, but when my world was gone and I needed them the most. . .no one was there. It was just about saving the world. . .”

“The Avengers are nothing without you, Wanda, and they know that which is why they were looking for you.”

“They don’t care about me,” I gritted my teeth, looking at Dick.

“I know they don’t,” He told me, “which is why they sent soldiers instead of themselves. You were their weapon, but you are my-” He stopped himself, hesitating.

“I’m your what?”

“Dick cares about you,” Rachel spoke up, her hand coming up to touch my cheek, “we all do. I know that even if you never remember, we all show that we love you. You felt that Kory was confused, that she didn’t know where she belonged, but you liked her because she kept me safe.”

Kory. . .

“Garfield even thought that you were my mom,” She sniffled.

Gar. . .

“But, my powers-”

“Are nothing compared to what the real Wanda Maximoff has to offer,” Dick cut me off, 

“and I’ve known that since we were kids. The real Wanda Maximoff never knew that her dad was Magneto, never let others grieve the same way she did, and will always be there for those who cannot protect themselves.”

“Sound the alarm! They’ve gotten to the Witch!” 

We all heard the guards and doctors of this sick place shouting, red alarms sounding off.

“We need to go,” A woman, who had managed to hide her energy from me, spoke from the doorway. 

“Come on, let’s go,” I thought that Dick was just helping me up but then he hooked his arms under my legs.

“It’s okay, I-I can. . .walk,” He didn’t pay attention to what I had to say, and the blonde haired woman led us through the corridors. I didn’t pay attention to the fact that there was no one in sight, that she knew exactly where to get us out, and that no one was trailing us.

My focus was on Dick, as he kept up with everyone and still kept himself alert if anyone came at us. I had thought that the greatest love I had was with Vision, and with the Avengers, but this felt genuine.

It felt real.

///
What's the ship name?
Comment below