CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11:
Meet my dad.
Wanda

"I-I never knew any of this," I admitted, completely blown away by Erik's-my fathers', story. He wasn't just a senseless villain out for blood, he was a Jew who watched his mother get shot just so that he could prove he had Mutant abilities. He's had so much taken away from him.

"I'm sorry for not knowing Natalya was pregnant. If I had known, then I could have raised you away from all that violence. From Tony Stark," He snarled his name like it was acid.

"Tony?"

"Stark signed off on forcing Mutants to carry around Mutant Identification," Charles began to explain, "it outted every Mutant to school mates and coworkers, making it a struggle for many to be judged based on their character rather than what they are."

He did that?

"I didn't know," How could I not know? And, if he knew that Erik was my father, was that the reason?

"It was deemed unconstitutional three years later, so we don't have to carry them on us-"

"How could you have not known?" Erik cut Charles off, his hands clenching on the arm seats.

"Erik, please don't do this now-"

"She was the love of my life!" He burst out, and my breath caught in my throat as I watched him try to desperately hold in his tears. So much pain inside, and he still didn't want to let go.

"Natalya was the only person who understood me, and she loved me regardless of everything I had done. And you couldn't even see why she ran?" He questioned.

"Natalya had her reasons, Erik. But, I've seen Wanda's hidden memories. The memories she left of her last moments within Wanda's mind was spent thinking of you," I stared at Charles in shock. Even though no one knew her reasons for running away, it was more than evident that she loved my father. I couldn't even see these memories, but from Erik's internal struggle, it was as clear as day.

It was true love.

"I'm sorry, Wanda," He stood up, a tear slipping, "I-I can't do this."

And he marched out.

No.

"No!" I shouted, a few feet away from him in the hallway and he stopped.

"I just found you, and I'm not letting you walk away from me. If no one knows why my mother ran, then we can find out together," I held out my hand.

"I need my father. I've lost too much. . .please."

He slowly turned around, and came at me. I expected him to grab my hand, but instead, he grabbed me and pulled me into a long awaited hug. It felt warm and I felt like I was actually in the arms of someone who needed me.

Thank you.

"Wanda," I glanced to see Charles had wheeled himself out of his office.

"It appears you have another visitor," I separated from Erik to peer out the window that Charles was looking through, and immediately regretted it.

"Who is it?"

"Dick Grayson."

///
Hope you've enjoyed! I just graduated and my birthday is coming up soon, and I'm getting ready to sign up for my college classes. I'm trying to update as much as I can with my busy schedule, so follow me on Instagram where I frequently update @therealautogirls