CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12:
Super family.
Wanda

By the time I had made my way downstairs, Dick was looking around the empty halls. When he had finally spotted me, he smiled and made his way towards me like I didn't just tell him to get out of my life.

"Wanda, I need your help-" His eyes trailed up to the stairs and he immediately pulled me behind him.

"Dick, what are you-?!"

"He's dangerous, Wanda. Stay back," He was talking about my father, who looked at Dick with a hatred burning in his eyes that could only be as simple as his hate for humans.

"She's perfectly capable of defending herself, homosapien," He spat, finishing his descent to the first floor. Dicks grip on my arm only tightened, taking a defensive position as he glared at Erik.

Only then did I notice that Erik wasn't just having a stare down with Dick.

He was distracting him.

My eyes trailed down his arms, and his hand was slowly twisting with one finger stretched out. That's also when I heard I heard the slow ache of the water fountain behind us.

"You have no idea who you're protecting, do you?" Erik taunted him.

"What are you talking about?"

Erik nodded and I quickly ducked and rolled to the side. The fountain burst and sprayed at Dick, who looked back in horror before getting soaked. While that distracted him, the metal from the fountain quickly wrapped around his body. It restrained his arms and legs, but that didn't stop Dick from trying to thrash around.

"Who's this human, Wanda?" Erik asked as he lifted him up, slowly levitating Dick towards him. I giggled at the scene before me, looking at Dick as he glared at my father and his hair flopped into his eyes, while Erik was completely amused.

"He was a friend."

"I still am," Dick corrected, looking at me.

"Oh, really?" I crossed my arms, joining my father at his side.

"Please, just listen to me-"

"My daughter doesn't need to, you filth," Erik jerked his body forward.

"Okay, that's enough. He's not a threat," I dismissed, although enjoying this, I could already see him shaking from either the cold water or being before Magneto.

"Please put him down."

"W-wait, what did you-? Daughter? His daughter?" Dick looked at me in shock as the metal fell off of him and Erik decided to just drop him. He barely caught his footing as he landed and stared at me.

I owe you nothing.

This changes nothing

"I don't have to explain anything to you. Just go, please-"

"I'm afraid we aren't done with him yet," Charles spoke from behind us, wheeling himself forward.

"Let the boy speak his mind, Wanda. I'm afraid it's urgent," I begrudgingly nodded and looked to Dick, waiting for his reason.

Wait, how did he even find me?

"It's Rachel. I tried tracking her, and I almost had her, but now she's with someone else. Someone else was looking for Rachel, and she killed one of the psychos that kidnapped her."

"She? How could someone have killed one of them? We didn't stand a chance the first time," I questioned, since we got our asses handed to us.

"That's why I need you. Wanda, if I try to go after Rachel on my own, I stand no chance. I want to make it up to her-"

"Oh, you mean when you lied to us?"

When you betrayed me?

When you broke my trust?

"I didn't mean to hurt you. This isn't about us, it's about Rachel and she needs us. Are you coming with me or not?" He gave it to me straight.

I sighed, "Fine."

He smiled, "Good. We can talk in the car-"

"I didn't say I wanted to talk," I interrupted, "I'm doing this for Rachel. I've found a home, and after this, I'm coming back to it."

///
Thanks so much for reading!
Wanda, Dick and Rachel will definitely be a little family. In the future, Rachel is the adopted big sister to Tom and Billy.