Chapter Forty Five.

Now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself, From saying something that, I should have never thought, Now when I caught myself, I had to stop myself, From saying something that, I should have never thought Of you, of you You're pushing and pulling me Down to you But I don't know what I want No, I don't know what I want...

                                                             --Paramore, Caught Myself.

Chapter Forty Five

Adrienne's Point Of View:

The moment I put the phone down I was bombarded with questions, mostly from Jacob and my Grandmother. I ignored them all and trotted up to my room, locking the door behind me so I could have some time to think. Despite the knocks and pleads coming from the other side of the door, I managed to get a lot of thinking done. I paced up and down my room, nibbling on my nails. I thought about everything, my mother, my father, my uncle. There had to be some kind of connection between them. My uncle sounded like he meant everything when it came to talking about my mother and how much he loved her as did my father. I tapped the temple of my head and sat on my bed, even closing my eyes to concentrate. Maybe If I went into Avatar State it might help me concentrate some more, I sighed, I don't even know how to do it.

There was a loud banging sound coming from the door. 

'One more shove, Jake!' Sorcha said, I looked up at the door, they were going to knock it down.

'Shit' I muttered, grabbing my coat and opening the window. I stuck my hand out the window and used air to guide me onto the ground. I got into Betsy and jimmied the key in the ignition for the truck started up with a rattling sound giving me away. The front door flew open and my Grandmother was there. I slammed my foot down on the gas and drove out of the driveway, I drove down the road, past Jacob's house, then Emily's and Sam's. Leaving La Push completely.

My phone started ringing, I snuck a glance at the screen. 'Unknown Number' thinking it was my father I quickly picked it up and pressed it between my ear and shoulder. 'Hello?' 

'What the heck are you doing, Adrienne?' Cole's voice demanded, I should've known. 'Jacob's going bezerk!' 

'Tell him I'm fine' I insisted, turning the steering wheel a little when I got to a curve in the road. 

'I don't think that'll do, how about you tell him yourself' Cole sighed.

'Make it quick, can't afford to get pulled over' I said, switching ears.

'Adrienne, can you at least tell me where you are?' Jacob's voice pleaded. 'Are you going to the Fire Nation?'

I laughed. 'No, I'm going to meet an old friend of mine' I turned into the school parking lot, It was empty considering that it was a Saturday. I noticed a white jeep parked in the far corner, it made my truck look like a ball of rusted metal. I drove over and parked right next to it and switched off the engine, making the car park silent.

'Is it a boy?' Jacob asked, sounding a bit jealous. 'Are you on a date?'

'No..., an old friend Jacob' I laughed, opening the door and closing it. 'I have to go...'

'Wait!' Jacob blurted out. 'Are you coming back?'

'What if I said no?' I asked, smirking. Of course I was going to go back, I just wanted to hear what he was going to say.

'Then I'd come after you and stop you' Jacob muttered. 'I don't want you to leave me, Adie'

'Well I'm not' I smiled. 'I'm going to come back with a pizza-your favourite one' I could almost in see a smile appearing on his face.