Reunited

VOMIT WARNING!! it is just in this beginning part, starting where it says "Your head."

3rd person pov:

This voice. The voice you have been dying to hear for years. His firm tone that always had a hint of sadness in it. A voice that changed as if he was struggling to identify his own personality. It was Reiner's.

Your head dropped into the toilet yet again as you puked violently. Small footsteps approached the bathroom door. A light fist hit against it three times before a young boys voice called out.

"Excuse me, are you okay?"

Delilah replied instantly. "Yes I am Kino. Just accidently ate something old!" (made up name because in the real story, his is unknown. he is known as the nephew in the Braun family.)

"Delilah? Yay! You are here. That means you can help cook today's lunch." The boy cheered, before his little footsteps were heard exiting the hall.

The girl helped you to your feet. You allowed her since it was very hard to get up on your own. She made a movement towards the bottom of your dress, but you pushed her away.

"I am not trying to hurt you. I am just trying to keep you clean." Delilah said, slightly annoyed. You could tell that she was sick of you pushing her around.

Letting out a small sigh you allowed her to dust you off. She took her soft hand and slid open the door. The two of you exited, your heart pounding out of your chest.

"Delilah! They are back." Karina said, entering the hall you were in. "Is everything alright?"

"Oh yes, we are just fine! She just felt a little light headed, but I think it is because she is hungry. Now lets get to preparing this meal!" She cheered, leading you into the kitchen.

As you hobbled behind the younger girl your eyes fell onto a man who had a light brown coat on. It was similar to the Scout jacket you had back home. By the patch on his shoulder, you identified that he was higher in the rankings. This sight made your heart hurt. Clearly he had fulfilled your promise, but with the wrong group.

The blonde turned around reveling his attractive new look. He had grown a small beard, mustache and some more hair. This time his face resembled Erwin's. It looked drained, and worn out. He looked so tired. His expression changed when it fell on you though. His eyes seemed to shine as bright as the sun. A smile crept among his face as he stepped towards you two.

"Hello Delilah, mind introducing me to your beautiful friend." He smirked, pulling the girl into a hug.

"Oh yes, this is Aloisa. She was recently caught up in the disaster like you. She doesn't really talk much, so don't think she is being rude." She chuckled, releasing her arm from the man. He stepped towards you, sticking a hand out to shake yours. Unfortunately, it was your injured arm. This caused anger to whirl up inside you. Reiner had seen what part of your body was crushed from the last fight, but failed to remember it.

Aggressively, you stuck out your opposite hand. He looked puzzled, than switched to his other hand. The two of your hands touched, sending electricity streaming through your body. You both looked towards the ground after letting go.

"Well, why don't we start cooking?" Delilah announced, heading towards the ingredients.

Delilah assisted Reiner in cutting up the vegetables. They seemed to get along really well, which made you slightly upset. He really moved on so quickly, replacing me with a new girl, a new friend.

You watched the two flirt with each other. They would 'accidently' grab the same knife at the same time, or bump into one another. I should just go back to that toilet again, this is making me sick. You thought, staring at the two coldly.

"Ginger." Words just came right out of your mouth. Your voice made everyone in the house jump. Delilah was also scared as she only heard your voice when you were crying. This time it was very different. It seemed soft and calming, creating a warming vibe.

"Ginger?" Delilah replied.

"Season, ginger." You said, pointing to the raw eel.

"Well looks like we got an experienced chef in the house." Karina said, in a blank tone. She seemed to not like you for an odd reason, maybe because you appeared to be a 'lower class Marleyan.'

"You're kicked out Delilah! Aloisa, come help me." Reiner said, pushing Delilah aside. The girl chuckled, punching his shoulder in return. The romantic tension drove you up the wall. You stood up quickly, using your cane to keep you balanced. The little boy grabbed your injured wrist, helping you towards the counter. You nodded a thanks to him before grabbing the ginger and applying it to the eel. It than was followed by soy sauce, rice wine, garlic and sesame oil.

Reiner tried to help you, but you had dodged every touch he attempted to make. You knew that if Reiner touched you again, it would only cause you to break down. The thought of his comforting touch hitting you only caused you more pain.

After an hour of cooking, the dish was ready. You sat down as Kino and Karina helped serve everyone a plate. Reiner plopped himself right next to you, Delilah was on his other side. The two others sat across from you, saying thanks before digging into their plates.

"Wow, this is just amazing!" Reiner said, looking in your direction.

"Yeah! So yummy! Thank you pretty lady!" Kino bowed.

"They're right, this is so good!" Delilah said.

"Very good, I must say." Karina admitted.

You nodded a thanks before slowly eating with your left hand. It had taken you a while to finish as you were still trying to get a hang of using your left. After you finished you excused yourself outside to catch some fresh air. Reiner had snuck out shortly after you.

"N/n. How? Why?" Reiner whispered, trying to grab onto your arms. You used your cane to stop him.

"No." You replied fast. Words didn't come out as easily as they used to. You barely talked since the death of your love and friend as well as the disappearance of your other friends.

"Stop. Talk to me, please." Reiner pleaded, his pupils becoming large.

You shook your head no, turning and facing the opposite way. Reiner's arms suddenly wrapped around your waist and he pulled you close to him. His breath was hot on your ear as he lay his head against yours.

"Talk to me." He whispered, tightening his grip, "or I will tell everyone what you really are."

Shock filled your body as he threatened you. This wasn't like him at all. He really has changed, huh. I need to just play along since I'm injured. I wont be able to defend myself against someone like him in this state.

"What?" You questioned the blonde, your eyes focused on the ground in front of you.

"Why are you here? Why didn't you escape with the others? You have put yourself into grave danger." He continued to whisper.

"I was shot." You answered, trying to pull away. His grip tightened again, as he held you close to him.

"You need to leave. I don't want you to die out here."

"Oh... so now you... you... want to c... care." You stuttered, trying to speak clearly.

"I have always cared for you. You know that better than anyone. I can see you still care for me too." He said, gripping the necklace in the palm of his hands.

"You l... left. No, no, no... goodbye?" You bit your lip, trying to hold in all of your rising emotions.

"I had to. I was dying, and needed to regenerate. You were lucky you even got to see me then. I wanted to talk to you, but the words didn't come out, just like how you are struggling now. I never meant to hurt you n/n. I fell in love with someone I wasn't supposed to, that's all."

This caused you to force yourself out of his grip. You turned quickly and pointed a finger in his face. "That's all? I... I am no...nuff... nuft... nothing... to... to you?"