Moving Forward

Assault Warning!!!!!

3rd person pov:

"Mind if I sit here?" The general asked. You nodded, allowing him to sit across from you. He grabbed onto his utensils and dug into his food. He didn't seem like one to talk either, so it made you at ease.

"Can I sit here as well?" Reiner asked, tapping your shoulder. Your e/c eyes met his hazel ones, giving him an eerie vibe. You than simply nodded, allowing him to sit next to you.

"So general, who will be in charge of her training?" He asked, pulling out a napkin, and placing it in the collar of his shirt.

"Me, most likely." He said, keeping his eyes on his meal.

"I could help out if you like. She will most likely be in my unit anyways, so it would be good for me to get to know her." Reiner pleaded.

"Well than maybe you could help, or watch. I would like her to work under my ruling though, as I feel like I have more experience." He coughed, rising his head. They both shot cold glares at one another, trying to make the other one look away.

"Fine than." He gave up, letting out a sigh.

"G-general." You stuttered. Your speech seemed to falter every time Reiner was around. The man looked over at you, with a warming smile.

"Please, don't, don't take it easy, on me." You insisted.

"Alright than. Well lets finish up here and head outside." Theo grabbed his plate along with yours and tossed them to the chefs. He than guided you to the outdoors were you would soon interact with the new weapons and gear.

"Now these are guns. Here is how you load one, and how you shoot." He filled the clip with bullets and pushed it into the gun. He yanked the nob back on the top of the gun, and pulled the trigger. The small bullet hit close to the middle of the target, surprising you as it made a loud sound. "Here, you can try now." He handed you the gun.

You took aim, and pulled the nob back. Pointing it at the middle of the target, you fired it. The bullet flew through the air and landed in the exact middle of it. With the training of ODM gear and bow and arrows, hitting targets were nothing but a piece of cake.

"Wow! What a shot you got!" He exclaimed. In this moment, he reminded you of Hange. His expression and over exaggeration was just on point. It made you lighten up.

"Thanks." You mumbled.

"Give it two more tries. I just want to make sure it wasn't a fluke." He chuckled.

You yet again shot the gun, hitting it perfectly in the middle each time. You handed the general the gun without any words.

"Amazing. You are incredible! Where did you learn all of these things?" He asked, intrigued by your success.

"My father." You answered, making up another lie.

"Does your father work for us by any chance? If not, we need him right now!" Theo chuckled.

"He died." You said, emotionlessly.

"Oh darling, I am sorry. I didn't mean to ruin the moment by that." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head, failing to make eye contact.

"It's fine." You replied, a blank stare emerging from your eyes.

"Well that is all I had planned for today. I didn't suspect you to be so great at it. Why don't we go ask Reiner if he wants to teach you anything." He smiled. You nodded your head and the two of you headed back inside. Your footsteps were quiet, as the older mans were heavy and loud. They rang through the halls as if it was an alarm, saying that he is coming.

"Reiner? Our young soldier has exceeded in my task for the day, so how about we check out yours?" Theo said, prying open his door.

"Seems like you are going too easy." Reiner scoffed, pushing by the general. He lead you down a side hall that was short and had a dead end. This caused you to heighten your senses, and to prepare for any attack.

"Here, this should consume some time." He handed you a broom, with a small smile. It was devilish, and deceiving. Without arguing, you grabbed the broom from his strong hands.

"You can sweep the main office hall way, along with the dining hall after dinner. There is soap and water in the kitchen you can use after the meal." The man walked past you, heading back towards his office. Reiner had changed so much in these past years, but it didn't bother you anymore. Instead, it only made you lose your love and respect you once had for him.

Taking the broom you began to sweep the long, depressing hall. You didn't hear much sound as a lot of soldiers were previously killed in the attack. Looking around as you ventured through the halls, you became familiar with the building. This led to you have more and more information on the Marleyans.

The clock struck 6:00pm, and the dinner bell had rung. You lay the broom back in its closet and made your way to the hall. People mostly had come from outside as they were training. Like lunch, you grabbed yourself a plate, and sat down at an empty table. The general had again sat across from you, eating his meal in silence.

After dinner, everyone had left to either train, or to wash up. This let you be free from distractions as you were forced to clean, or so you thought.

On your hands and knees, you scrubbed the floors that had mud tracked in from the soldiers. You would squeeze out the soapy water, than wipe it down with a rag.

"Someone get me some popcorn so I can enjoy the show." It was one of the older men that you initially met in the office. He sat at one of the tables, laying his eyes on you. You felt his unsettling eyes examine your body. Feeling uncomfortable, you rose to your feet and fetched a new bucket of water.

"Don't want to clean in front of me, huh?" The old man was suddenly behind you. He walked closer to you, causing you to back up against the wall. "Why don't I get you that little maid outfit, than I can watch." His yellow teeth shown in his smile. You felt disgusted in every single way as the man caressed your face.

"Can't even look at me, come on now, be a good little soldier and play dress up." He took your chin and yanked it forward, making you look right at him.

"I am not a maid." You replied.

The mans eyes flashed in interest. "You really are a handful. Since your father and mother are dead, you must be struggling with money, am I right?" He asked.

You refused to answer the man, as you didn't know whether to lie about your make shift home life or not.

"Answer me!" He shouted, smacking you across your face. Your cheek felt hot and it started to sting.

"Yes... yes sir." You stuttered.

"Good job darling. That is all you had to say." Using the same hand he smacked you with, he rubbed the red mark he had left on your face. "Now, in order to get more money, you will need to move up in the ranks. I am willing to move you up as far as I can move you, as long as you fulfil my needs."

These words repeated in your brain. Moving up, moving up, the ranks, higher, in the ranks.

"Fine. Only if I get to move up in the ranks and make more money." You replied, letting out a heavy sigh.