Exposure

3rd person pov:

Your heart was practically in your stomach at this point. Were you really just an accident? Was this all apart of the plan that Marley gave him? Were you really just a nuisance to him? You continued to think of the worse as Reiner babbled in your ear. You could hear him asking you questions, but like always, you failed to answer.

"Are you even listening to me?" He questioned, shaking your shoulders. You swayed your head 'no', and looked down at the ground.

"Awesome, why did I even bother to explain." Reiner chuckled, tapping your shoulder. "You still haven't changed Captain, you are always distracted."

Captain, Captain, Captain. The word just echoed in your head. It didn't seem to stop even though Reiner had stopped talking. You dropped to your knees, holding onto your ears. It repeated and repeated on an endless loop. Each time it would get louder and more disfigured.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Go away, stop!" You suddenly screamed. You shook your head viscously as if you were trying to get the words out. Your voice became hoarse as you continued to yell at the top of your lungs.

"Hey, what's going on?" Delilah's head popped out the door. Once she saw your current state, she raced towards you. "Shh, it's okay, you are alright." The girl tried to pull you into her arms but you swatted her away.

"Why win... win.. won't it-t-t stop!" Your eyes looked crazy as you started to hyperventilate. They were wide, the veins were practically popping out.

"Aloisa stop! Snap out of it." Reiner shouted at you, trying to pull your arms away from your head. Their shouting only caused your thoughts to become more and more mangled. Soon after, you passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Finally, you're awake. You had me so worried." Reiner said, sitting on the foot of the bed. He did indeed look nervous, which kind of confused you after he said those hateful words earlier. His face was stained from tears, and his eyes were red. You blankly stared at him, no emotion in your eyes.

"I see that spending time with the commander caused you to act just like him." He sniffled, not meeting you glare.

"Only one... the... the... there, for me." You said, crossing your arms. Your glare grew more and more cold the longer he talked.

"I never meant to hurt you. I really didn't. I am sorry for those words I said before. Gosh, I am such an idiot." Reiner placed his head in his hands, shaking his head in disgust.

A soft knock tapped the door three times before entering. It was Delilah, who held a cup of water in her hands.

"How is she doing? Is everything alright?" She asked, placing the cup next to you. You nodded at her, still keeping your eyes on the blonde. Reiner wiped his tears away, giving a smile to Delilah.

"Yes, everything is alright." He replied.

"Reiner, I know everything. You don't need to hide it." She mumbled. Delilah than exposed herself that she had known who, and what you were.

"What?" He said, in shock.

"You and her. You were Edlians. She is an Eldian. A soldier from the devil's island."

"I don't understand. I thought she was just a girl from Marely?" He played dumb. You knew he was trying to keep himself safe, as well as you, but it didn't matter. The young girl knew the truth to an extent.

"She knows." You spat out.

"Is that all you know?" Reiner asked, rising to his feet. He walked towards the girl, causing her to back up against a wall.

"Y- yes, that is all." She stuttered.

"Well erase it from your mind. She is just a dumb girl who was caught in the crossfire and has a hard time speaking. That is all you know now." He demanded, staring deep into the girls hazel eyes.

"Yes. A girl who was caught up in the disaster." Her eyes peered over to you as you stared down at your hands. Reiner was giving you mixed signals as at one moment he didn't seem to care for you, and the next he did.

"Good, now I will take her out, and try to 'get her memories back'. " He lied, pressing his lips against Delilah's.

Clearly this has happened before as she didn't seem to be startled. Their mouths connected for a few seconds before Reiner finally backed up. Delilah had a small smile on her face as she slipped under his arm, and out the door. You could feel the uprising tension stir between you and Reiner, well more of it came from you.

"Come on now, let us go for a walk." Reiner said, approaching your bed. You disregarded his help and stood on your own. Using the cane that Delilah gave you, you walked out of the room, and out of the house.

"Tell my mom that we will be back in a bit." Reiner told Delilah, opening the front door for you. She waved the two of you goodbye as you departed for the city.

The walk was mostly silent. The only noise was your small groans and tapping of the cane. Reiner would often try to grab onto your arm, but you would decline. The whole situation was unsettling.

For a change, you broke that silence. "Why did you kiss her?" You asked. Being forced to talk so much, you struggled less to produce sentences.

"I like her, is there a problem?" He asked.

There was an awkward pause, causing you to stop in your tracks. "So I really, meant...nuff...nothing?" You questioned.

"Mostly." He answered. This made you lift up your cane and swing at him. Even though you were injured, you were still pretty strong. Similar to Miche, you excelled in physical fighting.

The cane made contact with Reiner's legs, causing him to fall to the ground. You swung ferociously at him, smacking it against his back and head.

"Nothing? I was nothing to you? After you gave m...me this necklace? After I made you and Bertolt those b...bracelets? After you kissed me? After I saved you from being killed? After I trained you to become the best yuh...you could be? After I sacrificed my own life for you? Not once, but multiple times. You are an eye sore to society!" You shouted. His head and back was bleeding out violently. He lay completely still on the ground, causing you to worry.

Maybe I went too far. Crap, now what lie will I make up to save myself? You questioned yourself, kneeling down to check his pulse. His strong arm than wrapped around your neck, pulling you onto your stomach. He quickly sat himself on top of you, holding back your arms.

-flashback-

You restricted the boys arm as he lay underneath you. This was a tactic you would rarely use in a typical fight. This was more of something you would use if you were arresting, or restraining someone.

"I give up!" Reiner pouted, his body becoming limp.

"Me too!" Bertolt announced, still holding onto his stomach.

"You both owe me your bread tonight at dinner, as a trophy!" You giggled, stepping off of Reiner.

-end of flashback-

"Remember this one? You taught me it." He said, his face leaning in towards yours. You spat in his face, causing him to use one of his hands to wipe it off. You used this opportunity to grip your legs around his, and flip him onto his wounded back.

"And I learned this one from you." You scoffed, holding his hands on either side of his head. A smile appeared on his face as Reiner also seemed to be reminiscing on the past. You spat again in his face, causing his eyes to squint. You came to realize that the bracelet you once made for him, was no longer on his wrist. Rage circulated through your body, causing you to tighten your grip on his wrists.

"I do love you though n/n. I will never not have those feeling for you." He blurted out...