bestfriends, right?

y/n's pov-

i woke up to the sound of my phone going off with like a million text messages. i groaned and look at my clock and saw it was 3 in the morning.

"who the fuck is texting me at 3 in the morning?" i thought out loud. i picked up my phone and turned down the screen brightness almost instantly. i looked at the notifications and they were all from my best friend louis. of course.

*the messages*

louis <3

louis <3
hi
hey
y/n?
are you awake
probably not
hellooo
hi
👋🏻
bubsss
???
hey
y/nnn
pls wake up
pls
pls
pls
y/n
y/n
it's louis
your favoriteeee
hellooooo???????
god how long is this gonna take
wake up
wake up
wake up
wake up

y/n
louis wtf??
it's 3am

louis <3
finallyyy
took you long enough

y/n
sorry i was trying to sleep??
you should be sleeping too
why are you up
and why did you find the need to also wake me up?

louis <3
oh yeah
i cant sleep
like at all
can i come over?
pleaseeee??
i promise i won't be loud
and you always help me fell asleep

y/n
fine you can come over
but
you have to be super quiet

louis <3
thank you thank you thank you
your the best
ok i'll be there in like 2 minutes
open the door for me

y/n
ok walking down the stairs now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
y/n's pov again-

louis is my neighbor so he comes over a lot. usually not at 3 in the morning but i can't say it's not the first time. i got up and looked in the mirror really quick to make sure i didn't look terrible. luckily i didn't.

i walked down the stairs really quietly hoping i didn't wake anyone up. my parents wouldn't care that louis is sleeping over since he does it all the time but they just hate when i wake them up.

once i successfully made it downstairs i unlocked the door and slowly opened it. it was fucking freezing out and super windy.

finally i saw louis walking up our porch. he quickly walked inside and i hugged him since he was so warm.

"oh hi to you too." he said as soon as i hugged him.

"shut up i was freezing and it's your fault." i whispered back to him hoping we're not waking anyone up.

we walked up the stairs to my room and louis immediately went to my bed and under the blanket.
i smiled at him and crawled into my bed next to him.

as soon as i got in louis wrapped his arms around me and pulled me as close as possible to him. my head was in his chest now, his arms were wrapped around me and his chin was on my head.

louis' eyes were closed now and he seemed tired.

"why couldn't you sleep lou?" i whispered to him.