neighbor

y/n's pov-

my neighborhood is pretty small. everyone knows each other. but mainly everyone here is old. there was one guy i was friends with when i was younger. louis partridge.

we hung out all the time. we were the same age so we stuck together. everyone had their certain friend group in the neighborhood and me and louis just clicked.

eventually we stopped hanging out. we went to different schools now and had different friends. we were growing up. we hung out with our own friends and the whole neighborhood kinda distanced.

but thats just what happens.

i see him outside sometimes. he's usually skating or doing something with his friends. we don't talk. we mainly avoid each other. it's just not how it used to be which he seems to be fine with.

anyways there's this gas station not to far from our neighborhood. i walk there a couple times a week. there's some other stores around there like starbucks and target. it's fun to go and just get lunch or something.

i decided to walk there today since i had nothing else to do. as i was about to turn onto the street i heard something behind me.

i looked over my shoulder and it was louis on his skateboard. he had headphones in and wasn't really paying attention so i don't think he noticed me.

well he didn't notice me until he almost ran into me.

"oh shit sorry y/n. i didn't see you there." he said to me as he got off his board and took out his earphones. he was kinda awkwardly standing a foot or two away from me.

"oh uh it's fine." i hadn't seen him this close in so long. he definitely got cuter.

"are you uh going to the gas station? i'll walk with you." he offered and started walking up next to me.

"oh yeah sure." i said and smiled at him.

we were walking and it was a little awkward at first since we hadn't talked in so long. eventually we started to ease up to each other and we were talking about memories from when we were younger.

"i remember that time i tried to teach you how to skate and you scraped your knee." louis said while laughing.

"oh yeah then your mom yelled at you for hurting me." louis and i were laughing at the memory as we were arriving at the gas station.

"i remember i used to have a huge crush on you." i said as we were looking for snacks to get.

"you did? i had a huge crush on you too." louis responded and his cheeks were a little red now.

"i'm pretty sure our parents were trying to set us up." i said and laughed a little.

"yeah, my mom still talks about you." he said grabbing some chips.

"mine too. she always asks why we never hang out anymore." i didn't really mean to say that last part. i expected it to be awkward but it wasn't.

instead louis responded

"i miss your mom. she would always give us popsicles."

"you should come over for dinner. she won't mind. she misses you."

"are you sure it's not you that misses me?" louis jokingly responded and started smirking.

"forget i asked." i said knowing he wanted to come over.

"no no no i'll come over."

"it seems more like your the one that missed me, partridge."

"eh maybe a little." louis said and nudged my shoulder. i couldn't tell if i was blushing or not but luckily he wasn't looking at me.

"i missed you too." i told louis and you could tell he was blushing.

"yeah yeah whatever let's go pay." he said trying to act cool.

i laughed a little and we went to pay.

we finished paying and as we were walking outside louis wrapped his arm around my shoulders and asked if i wanted to go eat at the park nearby.

i was a little surprised he did that but didn't say anything. i agreed and we started walking to the park

it was nice having louis back in my life. i really did
miss him.

i also think that crush may be coming back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
authors note:

hey lol. this is def inspired by my personal life lol. pls anyways

if y'all want a part two i'll do it. i know i said that for other ones but i keep forgetting lol. mb mb mb.

anyways i love you😙😙✌🏻

also weston koury: hot asf.