Can't Delete

I whipped my phone charger out of its charging port and crashed on the bed.

It was time to update a new one cover for my Wattpad story and I was determined to find a really scary one.

I scrolled through the ones stock images had to offer but couldn't find a perfect one.

I hissed and was about to click back when I saw it. It was a pale looking creature of some sort. It's eyes were sunken and beady.

I was a fan of horror stories, pictures and movies so I shouldn't be scared but for some reason, I was.

I clicked on it and stared. Who could have made this kind of dark art?

I was going to take a screenshot when it moved. Its mouth whispering inaudibly.

I flipped the fuck out!

I threw my phone far on the other side of the bed and caught my breath.
My heart was beating like a Tom tom.

I then decided I was being a pussy. It was apparently a gif.

Laughing a little, I grabbed my phone,did a screen cap and set to editing it.

When I was done, I uploaded it and went to shower.

In the bathroom, I heard my phone buzzing and my face broke out in a smile. My friend had probably seen it and wanted me to make her one also.

I hurried out and tap my phone on.

There was a lot of texts from my mom and one from my boyfriend.

From mom :
Jemima Brown, shame on you. You shouldn't scare your brother like that. Now he's gonna have trouble getting some sleep. Thanks a lot.

I frowned and scrolled to the next one. They were likewise berating me.

I clicked on the text from my boyfriend and he sounded mad too.

What the fuck girl? You drunk or sum?

I scrolled upwards to the text that had gotten everyone angry then I saw it. It was the picture I'd saved earlier. It looked scarier than before.

I gulped, I hadn't sent it to anyone.

I checked my little brother's too and saw I'd sent it too.

This time with a little message under.

"have fun falling asleep tonight *goo goo face* *tongue out*"

Tears sprang to my eyes. I lived alone so there wasn't any chance anyone around could have sent it and I sure as hell didn't.

I went to my gallery and long pressed on the picture. I selected delete and in a second, it was gone.

I heaved a breath of relief and texted my mom and boyfriend back an apology.

I sighed and flopped on the bed, my heart beating in my ears.
It must have been a bug of some sort or maybe I forgot I texted it. I must have.

My phone vibrated and I unlocked it. It was notifications from Instagram and Facebook.

I clicked and received the shock of my life.

Uploaded up to ten times on my profile was the damn picture!

I screamed and my hands started shaking terribly. Tears clouded my eyes and my heart beat louder.

With shaky hand, I clicked the corner of the Instagram picture and pressed delete post.

The screen dimmed and the tiny circle went round and round before showing in red dripping words.

Can't delete.

I blinked and tried again. Must have been my eyes. Instagram never did that.

Again, it showed can't delete.

I clicked it more furiously, tears streaming down my face by now.

My phone went off abruptly and then came on. Instead of the welcome message.

All it showed in thesame dripping words was

Can't delete.