Behind the wheels

This happened to me recently.

I'm a model and i'd done a 13 hours shoot the previous day but that is NOT why I saw what I saw.

I actually considered that as why I was seeing things but I know what I saw.

I was to return some of the previous day costumes to the hair stylist and I decided to go early so I would be able to get other things done before noon.

I stopped by the hurdles of shopping complexes that made up the town's general market. I wove my way to the shop I was looking for.

I was seeking to buy a ringlight and I found it at a pretty good price. I got it packed up,paid and proceeded to move on to the next thing on my list when I saw it.

It was a sleek black Lexus car,with shiny silver wheels and black screen tanned windows. It was obviously a clean new whip.

The windows had a rectangular clear space by the window where you can see as far in to the car as possible if you looked well enough.

I stepped gingerly across the street to get to the other side when it swerved dangerously. I quickened my pace and looked back at the car to give whoever was driving a terrible stare when I saw it.

There were no hands on the steering wheel.

I know...I know,maybe imagined it right?

That's what I thought too so I stopped and looked again.

There were no hands on the wheel!

My heartbeat quickened and I felt cold all over.

I flagged down a commercial bike as it moved fast past me,my eyes trained on the plate number.

Minutes later,I was on my way to the hair stylist and I'd pushed the mystery car out of my mind.

I had a lot to do and my mind was on them all.

The bike rider didn't agree to the amount I wanted to pay so I let him go and I waited for another one but because of the congestion,I couldn't get one fast enough so I decided to walk ahead.

That was when I saw the car again. This time,I was on the other side of the road and could see into the car properly.

I'd imagined the driver taking his hands off the wheel for a minute. Professional drivers can do stuff like that besides,there were no turns. It was a straight link road but what happened next chilled me to the bone.

I was negotiating with another bike when the car moved again. This time,I had a good look at the headrest.

It had red "Lexus" detailing,looked brand new.

There was absolutely no one in that car!

I watched in horror as it moved and glided down the road.

I made myself believe I was seeing things but remembering how it happened,I know what I saw was true!

No one can be as short as not to reach the headrest of a car or even the steering wheel.

I still think about it constantly. I know I'm not crazy.

That car was empty!