Night follower.

My mom told me this story when I was twelve. She always has the best ghost stories.
According to her this happened when she was a child .
Sometime around 1964.

She was born to an influential father who controlled a band of drummers. They'd go to functions and not get back till late in the night.

On one occasion,twin brothers were invited to go with the band.
The eldest twin wasn't a night person so he decided to go home early and prepare dinner for them both.

His brother ,on the other hand,loved partying till the morn.

The band left the venue at 1am and everyone went on their way.

The younger twin recounted he started hearing light footsteps and whenever he turned around,no one would be there.
He felt goosebumps spatter his skin and his head swelled with a thousand emotions. He knew the signs,it was a ghost.

With his heart beating like a tom Tom,he set his talking drum under his arm and started a serene tune to distract himself or the ghost.This time when he turned around,a white shadowy form was wriggling away to the beats.

Now ,its commonly know among talking drummers that it had a language.

The younger twin drummed till he was near his home then he spelt out a tune to warn his brother.

In ancient Efon Alaaye ,Ekiti state (Nigeria) language

Isinku le mii bo
Si kun ge geu.
Si kun ge geu

Interpreted
I have a ghost following
Leave the door ajar
Leave the door ajar

His brother heard the drum and held the door slightly open.
Meanwhile,the happy go lucky ghost was dancing with reckless abandon and didn't realize when the younger brother leapt off the street and into the threshold.

With the door already ajar,he bolted in and they locked it tight,breathing heavily.

Both brothers never stayed out late after that incident.

I like this story in particular.Maybe cause it happened in my hometown and to people related.lol

Spooky!