Do Not Cross!

A Nigerian urban legend.

Nigerians are well known for their vast beliefs in ancient practices as well as passed down customs and superstitions. Well, a maintainable amount of people do.

One of these myths is the pregnant women dos and don'ts.

It is believed that a pregnant woman shouldn't walk around in the afternoon between 1pm to 3pm. It's said that evil spirits that needed a home would chase out the legitimate child and occupy her womb.

Imagine you went for an ultrasound and discovered that you're having a boy child only to have a female evil spirit replace him. That would make a very awkward gender reveal. lol.

And when the child is born, he exhibits disgraceful characters because he's not a real child.

They say kids like this are sent forth to bring souls to the devil.

Another myth is that pregnant women shouldn't allow anyone walk over their legs since it's believed that the unborn child would resemble that person's physical and intellectual features.

I remember when my older sister was pregnant with my niece,she used to have constant back aches so she'd sit on the floor with her legs stretched to straighten her back. On one occasion, I crossed her legs to get to the other side of the room. she pulled me back and made me uncross her legs.

"I don't want my kid to resemble you" she'd claimed and I'd just laughed.

I asked my mom about it later and she reprimanded me.

Trust me, Nigerian moms are superstitious!

I love Nigerian urban legends 😁💖😍