Chapter 6

Chapter 6
"OOMPH!" Sophie crashed onto the ground, hitting her back rather badly. Then Hanlu and Andrew came spiralling out, falling on top of her. The three managed to get out in time as the next 6 came tumbling out.

"Ah, you nearly missed the deadline," Shinso's voice chuckled as Sophie heaved herself to her feet. Her muscles felt stiff and her head was spinning. "Ogres chased us all the way through the portal. Do you happen to know how they did?" growled Sophie the moment she regained composure.  Shinso shrugged, his eyebrows raising slightly.

"DO YOU TAKE EVERYTHING AS A JOKE?!" bellowed Felicia. Her yelling activated some sort of sound waves, because not only was it super loud, but it was strong enough to send them flying. All of them.

"Agh!" Sophie groaned as she smacked her back against the wall. She flopped onto the ground as the dull pain set in. Kelvin struggled back onto his feet, muttering, "What's going on?" Sophie barely managed to get up without tripping over her own foot as Shinso frowned. "One should not use their uncontrolled powers on their Sensei," he ordered before opening the door. "It's already night. Go home now," he commanded. "And our parents? Friends? Won't they find it weird how we just disappeared for 3 days?" voiced out Jarrett, running his hand through his hair as he got to his feet.

"Easy. As your teacher, I was allowed to send them letters, telling them that we bring you to frequent study camps blah blah blah, I don't remember nor do I care. I think the Spirit Queen used some spell on it. Whatever," he just guessed and pushed them out of the hall/classroom. "Go home! I have work to attend you and I do not need you fussy kids to meddle in it," he barked before slamming the door on them.

"I hate him," Felicia fumed, punching her fist into her palm and stomped her foot on the ground. "Oh gosh, it's 12 already, let's go home," Sumedha exclaimed before everyone split off. Sophie had to limp all the way home because her legs were not regenerating as fast as she expected. The moment she reached her house, everyone was asleep. Slowly unlocking the door, she crawled into her room and didn't bother changing, plopping herself on her lovely bed. It wasn't that the Nagauls had uncomfortable beds to sleep on, but sleeping on leaves on branches woven together with 'Trust' wasn't exactly that comfortable.

In a matter of seconds the world darkened around her as she dozed off.

The alarm blared and Sophie rolled off the bed, her wings exploding out of her back as Radiance woke up too.

You scared me! I thought you wereu going to die!

"Sophie! What fell!?"

She could hear the thundering footsteps of her brother, Shawn. "Radiance the wings!" she hissed as the wings faded into embers and she scrambled back onto her bed. "My...shirt fell," she began, inwardly cringing at her silly remark. He narrowed his eyes. "I know the joke*. How did you fall off your bed?" he snapped. "Uhm...I uh...survival instincts," she blurted out. "And why is your alarm even set? It's Saturday," he grumbled, walking back to his room in frustration.

She let out a small groan as she slid back under the covers and pulled out her phone. It was buzzing as she switched it on and spotted her messages piling up. "Class 7 Group Chat," she read out.

(Chat was made by Kelvin)

Kelvin: Yay?

Jarrett: Hallo

Sumedha: hewo

Hanlu: Dis chat is for?

Felicia: I think the title makes it clear

Hanlu: I mean-

Andrew: Anyone have Sensei's number?

Felicia: I hate him