𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓣𝓔𝓡 𝟏

Jericho knitted his brows together as he sat in the Red Keep's library reading a worn and tattered book he had found in the deepest aisles of the room. He was in such deep concentration that he wouldn't have cared if the room around him was set on fire; he just wanted to continue reading and learning what the book before him had to offer.

What intrigued him the most about the book was that it spoke about all sorts of creatures that once lived in their land until people began hunting them down for their own safety or for sport. The dark-haired boy was currently on a chapter that spoke of shapeshifters and how they used to live among people long ago with no conflict, he even learned that most lived in small settlements that gave the animal they transformed into an advantage in survival.

The boy continued to turn the pages, more than eager to learn about those creatures and how they had gone extinct, but he was soon interrupted by a hand snatching his book from his hands just as he was approaching the part on how humans became shapeshifters.

An annoyed look crossed his face as the boy looked up, ready to ask for the book back, until he realized that the person who had taken his book was his mother. Jericho's expression quickly turned into a pleasant one as he looked at his mother, he was honestly relieved it hadn't been Joffrey knowing that if it was his book would have already been destroyed.

"Jericho, my darling, shouldn't you be getting ready?" His mother asked, giving him a questioning look as the woman looked her son up and down, taking note that he was not dressed for travel.

Jericho nodded his head, "Yes, mother, I'll get ready right away." He responded, standing up with a smile before placing a kiss on his mother's cheek as he made his way to his chambers.

Cersei watched as her eldest son disappeared from sight, her smile fading into a frown as she looked down at the page Jericho had been reading. With a deep sigh, she began making her way out of the library with the giant book in her arms, knowing she would be sure to destroy it later.

☀☀☀☀

Once in his chambers, Jericho began to change into traveling clothes as he thought about his recent return to King's Landing. He had spent most of his life at Casterly Rock with his grandfather after his father had declared him unfit to be his heir, at first Jericho didn't understand what he had done to upset his father enough to send him away, but as he grew older, the boy took the opportunity to learn everything he could from his grandfather instead of wallowing in self-pity.

As he was in thought, Jericho heard a soft knock on his door before letting them know they could enter. Jericho observed as a young lady walked into the room with a timid expression that soon melted away into one of stone once she was in the room and closed the door behind her.

"Come to see me off?" Jericho asked, smiling at the girl as he leaned against his desk.