𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓣𝓔𝓡 𝟏𝟓

Days had passed since Jericho's return, and he had put himself back together seemingly as if nothing had happened. The only noticeable thing about his fragile state of mind was the cloth wrapped around his hands.

Jericho sat on a bench with his sister teaching her how to pronounce words she had difficulty with, while Tommen ran around with a wooden sword striking any tree that dared cross his path. The older boy enjoyed spending time with his younger siblings, always finding amusement in the things they did and said. The two children were filled with so much innocence and life that Jericho wanted nothing more than to cherish every moment before losing that innocence and learning how to survive in their cruel world.

"Jer, how do you say this word?" Myrcella asked, pointing at a word in her book.

Taking a look at the word Jericho smiled at his sister, "I have no idea." He told her, causing the girl to give him a look of disbelief.

"But you know everything; you're older."

"Just because I'm older doesn't mean I know everything, especially complicated words like that," Jericho told her matter-of-factly.

Myrcella let out a huff of dissatisfaction, causing Jericho to chuckle lightly as he patted her head affectionately. "Why don't you ask your Septa? Maybe she knows." The boy suggested.

"I don't think she likes me very much." The girl admitted sheepishly.

His sister's words caused the older boy to sit up straight, "That's nonsense everyone loves you."

"I don't think so. She's always lecturing me on how I should not worry myself in learning how to read maps or diplomacy." The blonde said with a shake of her head. Jericho stared at her, deciding that he would have to have a long talk with the woman for causing his sister to doubt the things she was interested in learning.

Jericho shook his head, smirking, "I believe she might be jealous of you."

"What do you mean?" Myrcella asked in confusion, wondering what her brother could possibly mean.

"Think about it, Little Doe. You are a princess. A princess that wants to learn more than just needlework and hosting events, and with knowledge comes power." He explained.

"But I don't want her to feel jealous of me. I simply want to learn, especially the things I have an interest in." The girl told him the worry in her voice was more than evident.

It seemed that his joke had been taken too literally by Myrcella, and now she was worried she had caused someone to feel uncomfortable around her when all she wanted was for others to be happy. Jericho knew his sister was still naïve and didn't think that anyone would do harm just because they could. He wished his sister could live in a world where there was peace without conflict, but they were human, and it was in their nature to fight. As he opened his mouth to explain to his sister that it was merely a joke, Jericho suddenly felt the presence of someone else in the empty yard. Looking up, the dark-haired boy watched as his mother approached them.