𝓒𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓣𝓔𝓡 𝟏𝟎

Jericho was relieved to be back in his chambers after deciding to return to the Red Keep with his younger siblings, not seeing the point in staying any longer than he had to. It had taken Jericho a while to calm the two children from what they had seen, but after much persuasion and comfort, the young man was able to leave them with their caretakers while he went off to his chambers.

The young man was about to pull a book off his bookshelf when a soft knock interrupted him. Glancing toward the door, Jericho decided to see if it was his sibling's caretakers, who seemed unable to control the young and energetic children at times.

"Did you need help with my siblings?" He asked, opening the door only to realize his mother was on the other side.

"It seems you were expecting someone else."

"My apologies, mother. I thought you wer- never mind."

"Perhaps I should find people better suited to look after your siblings. That way, they won't have to bother you as much."

"I really don't mind. I love spending time with Myrcella and Tommen." He told the woman, not wanting people to lose their jobs because of him.

"I know you do, my sweet boy." Cersei said, placing a soft hand on her son's cheek as she smiled.

"Did you need something from me?"

"Ah, yes. I wanted to remind you that tonight we have a grand feast to attend in honor of the tournament ending, and no, you may not miss it. None of us can." She told her son, watching as he tried to find a way out of participating.

"If I must," Jericho said reluctantly.

"Good. I will see you this evening." Cersei said as she turned and walked away, no doubt going to chase another one of her children down to remind them of their royal commitments.

Closing the door, Jericho rubbed the bridge of his nose in annoyance. He knew the crown couldn't afford such a celebration, yet his father was putting them all in such a difficult situation just so he could have an excuse to drink, eat, and whore openly for the night. He wondered if Eddard could possibly talk his father out of having such an event, but Jericho already knew he wouldn't. 

The young man decided to spend the rest of the day finding something suitable to wear and planning to spend a boring night sitting at the royal table while everyone else had their fun. But it didn't take long for the day to turn into night, somehow time seemed to have gotten away from Jericho as he made his way toward the banquet hall in the Red Keep, where everyone was already attending the celebration.