chapter 13

"Nya! Where are you?!!" Kai yelled. The search for his sister continued. A small noise of foot steps was heard behind Kai.
"Nya? Is that you?" He whisked around to see. No response.

Kai lit his hand up with fire.
"Whoever's there, I'm fired up!" Kai yelled. An orange gi poked out from behind a tree.
"It's just me." Skylor said.
"Oh." Kai shook the fire out of his hand.
"I see you didn't pick up any of Chen's special treats either." Kai said.
"Of course not, like I'd ever trust him. And I wanna find her to help you get the spell and stop Chen once and for all." Skylor said.

"Maybe we should be together." Kai said the immediately rethought his words.
"Aah, that didn't come out right, heh. I mean, it's a big island, so maybe if we were a couple—Arrgh! No. Uh, heh. What I'm trying to say, is, um..." Kai trailed off.

"You want me to help you find your sister. Of course, I'll follow you." Skylor said.
"Heh. It's good to work with people you trust." Kai sighed.
"Yes, I couldn't agree more."

. . .

"Two fighters down, six remaining." Clouse said, walking in the mobile base with Neuro restrained.
"Chen. You won't get away with this!" Neuro glared at him.
"Are you serious? Where have you been? I've been getting away with it time and time again. Oh, take him away, he's boring." Chen shooed.

Clouse handed the master off to Eyzor, the head warrior.

"Arrgh. You'd think they'd create a trapdoor in this thing." Chen fiddled with the buttons.
"Master, Skylor is with Kai." Clouse said.
"Good!" Chen said.
"But we still don't know where Morro, Lloyd and Garmadon are." Clouse said.
"Bad! Find them, Clouse. While you're at it, round up the rest of them." Chen said.

. . .

"

Father, I don't understand. You trained under Chen, yet you fought beside Wu in the wars. What happened to the truce?" Lloyd asked, going back to the serpentine wars.
"When Chen said 'Never trust a snake,' he was right." Garmadon said.

"A few weeks after I helped Morro escape, the Serpentine struck first."

The serpentine tribes of all attack ked Jamonacai village. Flames at the base of buildings as people were fleeing.

"The alliance of the Elemental Masters fought back."

The masters of fire, water and shadow stood atop a roof. The fire elemental and water elemental shot their powers at the serpentine, pushing them down. Shadow disappeared into the dark then kicked a few warriors back, reappearing. The water elemental clapped her hands then raised the water out of the fountain onto the fires around the village.

"But they had never seen the likes of an Anacondrai warrior."

The purple snakes charged, swords in hand as they clashed against the water master's sheild.

"They were bigger, smarter, natural leaders on the battlefield."

A group of people armed with weapons ran into the field, fighting. The swords clashed but the anacondrai pushed them back.

"The Anacondrai were a proud tribe who fought with every ounce of venom. There was no greater warrior in the land. And with them in command, they proved to be too much for the alliance to handle."

The serpentine warriors raised their swords on the captured people of the village.

"Charge!!" The master of gravity yelled, keeping himself in the air with his power.he flew through the crowd of serpentine, a large one, the one Clouse called "pet" hissed at the master.