chapter 20 THE FINALE

"Haha! Run! Haha! Run away! Oh, watch your step!" Chen laughed as the village he raided cowered into their houses.
"I feel sorry for them, Zugu. They rely so heavily on the ninja. They don't know what to do when they're not here. Doesn't anyone here want to fight?" Chen raised his voice.

A pepper was thrown at Chen, making his head dress twist.
"Hey!" A girl shouted. Zugu threw a boulder at the girl and she ran away.
"Haha! Onward, my slithering soldiers, until there is no village left unturned." Chen yelled.

. . .

Kai was just outside of the anacondrai tomb where he chased the truck. Kai was currently inside the truck, trying to get the coms working because it wall all scratchy and broken up.

"Chen has-- cai Village--Everyone--" Nya tried to say.

"I can't read you, Nya. Repeat!" Kai yelled.

"Attacked first--Nothing--Stop them!"

"You're breaking up. Where do you need us? We're all scattered, and there's not time to play fill-in-the-blanks!" Jay hit the radio.

"Hurry!-- too late!"

"Tell us where we need to go. I can't use my Dragon power, so if anyone is close--" Lloyd said before his radio completely died.
"Nya? Nya? Can anyone hear me?" Lloyd asked. The radio buzzed again. Lloyd saw the key still in the truck and he started to drive.

. . .

The bounty was up and in the sky. Nya tried to get the radio working while Skylor, Wu, Garmadon and Misako were all in the bridge.
"They're attacking Jamonacai Village. You have to stop them." Nya said into the mic. The radio shut down.
"All communication is cut." Nya said.

"If our fighters don't know where to go, who's gonna stop my father?" Skylor asked.

"Hello. As you can see, I've taken control of the airwaves, just as I'll take over Ninjago." Chen's image appeared on the monitor.

"You'll pay for this, Chen." Garmadon growled.
"Brother, enough." Wu halted.
"What do you want?"

"A truce." Chen said.
"Ha! Like the one the real anacondrai wanted during the last war? The truce that you destroyed by deceiving both sides?" Garmadon shouted.
"I will honor my word and no one will get hurt, if you and everyone you know leave Ninjago and never comes back." Chen offered.

"We're not leaving our home." Garmadon protested.
"Wait. Let us think about it." Wu said.

"How can you even entertain him?"

"Our ninja are gone. We need more time."

"You should listen to your brother, Garmadon. He's always had a way with words. Hehe. It convinced Misako, didn't it?" Chen snickered. Garmadon turned away.
"What's wrong? You look a little purple. Oh, that's right. Once a snake, always a snake." Chen said.

The attention turned to Garmadon.
"Haven't you hurt enough people, Father?" Skylor shot.
"What is he talking about?" Misako asked.
"Oh, he hasn't told you?" Chen asked.
"The letter he wrote that made you fall in love with him...it was written by Wu."

Misako gasped as she turned to Wu. Garmadon had his back turned.
"I...I was trying to tell you." Garmadon stuttered.
"How could you, brother?" Wu said, with hurt in his voice.
"Oh, and about that truce? Deal's off. I actually only wanted to drop that delicious little bombshell. Toodaloo!" Chen cut the transmission.

"Of all the things..." Wu walked up to Garmadon.
"Brother, don't let anger cloud your judgement." Garmadon said.
"Don't tell me what to do!" Wu shouted.
"You're no Sensei, and you've never been one!"