Chuuya -4

The agency provided her with a temporary apartment and surprisingly, there was good pay to working in a place like the agency. She finished her report on today and walked to Dazai, who was the only one left in the office. He looked up pushing back his chair. "Here," Dazai slid the (h/c) haired female a piece of paper with a small note on it. "It's the number I have saved in my phone." Smiling, the petite female bowed.

"Thanks, Dazai. They don't know, do they?" Dazai shook his head looking into her (e/c) eyes. He seemed to be asking her if she would say anything. "I won't do anything. You helped me get a new start here." nodding Dazai waved to her as she left the building. Pulling out the phone she had been given. Another temporary device until she had enough to pay for it herself.

She dialed the number as her heart sped up. She hesitated before hitting the call button nervously. She had no idea why she was so scared to call a simple friend. Though, she supposed five years was a long time to go without talking. Maybe it was fear he had forgotten their close relationship. Maybe it was because today marked five complete years without contact with him. They had stayed in touch for a while she was in London. Only for her to lose all ability to contact anybody outside her fiance.

~

A male sat at a bar. An old man and an older woman sitting down a few seats. They were all members of the Port Mafia. His hair was tied neatly back into a ponytail as he drank. His ocean eyes glazed over with his tipsy state. The two older Mafiosi watched as he grabbed another glass of wine. "You should slow down Chuuya." the old man whose name was Hirotsu sighed.

Chuuya glared before downing the glass in one gulp just to spite the old man. The woman sighed pinching the brim of her nose. For the past five years, this was what Chuuya had been doing each night. He'd drink himself to the point of blacking out.

The silence of the room was interrupted by Chuuya's vibrating phone. He didn't even look to see who it was when he pressed the accept button. "Hm," he grumbled, trying his best not to sound drunk.

"H-hey Chu, it's been a few years. I uh, sorry I'm being awkward. I lost contact when my phone shattered and I didn't memorize your number. I heard you're in the mafia now? We should uh set up a date. I, uh, I mean like a day to hang and catch up." the feminine voice was nervous but recognizable. He dropped the glass in his hand, his eyes fluttering in rapid blinks. In a drunk state like this, he was heavily emotional.

"(Y-Y/n)?" he asked, listening to the steady breaths from the other side of the line. The female gave a soft hum before he smiled and leaned back. "Why'd you leave? Where are you right now? You still with that bastard who I swear one day I'll slaughter?" The female's voice burst into laughter as she listened to the male's voice.

Chuuya tilted his head confused. "Oh lord, Chuuya, you're drunk. You miss me that much?" she snickered teasingly.

"Huh? Miss you? No way short ass. Not your tiny doll body. I was just lonely." His words were starting to slur, adding to the female's laughter. "I'm at the bar we used to go to." the two older adults stared at Chuuya with confused shock. He set the phone down when the female hummed and shut the phone off.

~

Smiling and placing the phone to her throbbing heart, she chased down a taxi and slid in. Her mind was focused on seeing him again. After so long, she could see him in the flesh and not through hidden photos and tainted nightmares. Today was a dream come true. When the cab pulled over to the side, she dropped what little she had on her. Thanking the driver, she ran through the empty street to the bar. She flung the door open and ran up the stairs. Her feet felt so light as she swung open the bar door. Sitting there swaying wine in a glass sat the short male. It took a bit to recognize him with how long his hair was. The fancy way he dressed and the people sitting near him. Salty water pooled in her eyes as she ran at him. He hardly had time to set his glass down before the female was in his arms, tackling him down to the ground.

"I'm home Chu! I'm back from London." She spoke with a thick English accent. Unable to stop the accent that developed over five years. Despite her fluent Japanese, the words were jumbled within the accent and her tears. She didn't notice the two other people sitting in the bar.

Noticing how she had fallen on top of Chuuya, (Y/n) immediately backed off and sat a distance away with a crimson face. "Mmm, where's the bitch?" Chuuya grumbled watching the female shake her head.

"Gone, I won't be leaving Yokohama again." Chuuya's eyes seemed to widen as he rushed to embrace her. He hardly got this drunk, remembering times when they drank like this made her smile grow larger. Chuuya clung to her as if he let go, she'd disappear from his sight again.

"Good, I hated him." Chuuya huffed, digging his face into her neck. Laughing to herself, the (e/c) eyed female held his hair in her hands.

"You let it grow out. I told you it would look good long." Chuuya chuckled lightly before someone cleared their throat.

"Mind explaining how you know Chuuya?", it was an old man's voice. Startled, (Y/n) jumped up leaving chuuya to fall on his side with a grunt.

"Eh? Oh, I didn't even notice there were others." Her body quickly fell to a bow before standing back up to address the question. "Before I left for London nearly six years back and lost contact with him exactly five years ago today, we were really close friends. I helped him with his old gang here and there if needed. We worked really well together, with our abilities and all. We spent everyday together, well as much time together as possible. I met my fiance and moved over to London, and we kinda lost contact." The two nodded looking to Chuuya, who now lay asleep on the wooden floor.

"Ah, so you must be the young maiden he would talk about constantly." The older female smiled lightly as she stood up. The remark caused the female's face to engulf in a rosy color. Looking to Chuuya, she snickered.

"Still short and an emotional drunk." her voice was tender when she spoke. "Can you give him my address when he's conscious and not drunk? He can come to see me after I'm done working. I-if he wants." The red-haired mafia female nodded as she lifted chuuya in her arms. (Y/n) slid a paper to her before leaving the bar.

She smiled her heartbeat fast against her chest. That smile spread over her lips as she looked back. "I missed my best friend," she whispered to herself as she walked her way to her apartment.