London's poison -13

As usual, Dazai came in late. This time he seemed rather excited. (Y/n) was sipping on another cup of tea as her finger clicked over her keyboard. Entering in reports and editing things from the past week. "You won't believe what I found out today, Lunikida!", ignoring the brunette the blond continued to work. "An assassin group came all the way from London! They specialize in poisons! Do you think they'll have a poison to aid in a sweet and painless suicide?" Dazai put his hands to his chest, but his eyes were awaiting a certain female's reaction. "Apparently London called their most valuable member poisoned time. Their entire group was London's poison."

Like a lifeless doll, the female's cup slipped from her fingers. The china shattering as she nearly choked on her tea. The few moments of peace she had quickly fell as her eyes shrank and shook. "Something wrong (Y/n)?"

Hearing her name snapped the (e/c)-eyed female from her trance. Snapping her attention to Kunikida, she opened her mouth before closing it again. Glancing at her hands, she noticed how they shook. The way her head had been so clear moments ago seemed a distant wish. Small voices nagged at her. "Nothing's wrong." the female whispered trying to force the feeling to leave her alone.

"That is clearly a lie." the blond's voice held a strict assertive tone. "Do you have a connection to this?" it was a split-second of panic, but within her fear, she spat out a half-truth.

"My fiance was a target. This brings back bad memories," she whispered the words, her hand self-concisely gripping the ruby brooch. "I need some water." she stood up stiffly. Her legs carried her to the wash-room. Locking the door behind her she let her breath fall from her lips.

She finished her phone from her pocket and glanced at it, as she expected to see a warning message. Maybe this was all a coincidence. There was little to no way for her to be tracked to this exact part of Japan. She had snuck between flights, posed as other people, avoided cameras, even gone as far as boarding completely different flights. Running her hand through her hair, she took a few deep breaths. Straightening herself out, she walked back to her desk. "They found a body this morning. They say it was a target of the group." Dazai flipped the page of the current file.

He wasn't wrong, but he also wasn't right about that one. "Ah, (Y/n) you're back. We were just talking about you." raising her eyebrows, she giggled lightly.

"Oh? Come to question my knowledge of their organization? I was only in London for a few years. I avoided the subject, even when I lived in London." she smiled kindly.

~

A week went by before a letter appeared at the ADA. Kunikida was reading over it with a heavy sigh. "This is probably a trap, but it seems like it could also be legitimate." Kunikida passed it over to Dazai who inspected it with a slight laugh.

"Well then, I suppose we ask our dear member who's from London." looking up from her work, the female cocked her head to the side. "You don't happen to know anybody who has a stolen jewel in their possession, would you?" she hid it well with a light laugh rolling her eyes.

"No, not off the top of my head, why?", the girl tilted her head before Dazai set the file down. His eyes grew an eerie cold, as he stared at her. His gaze seemed to read, you keep lying you won't have a tongue to lie with. Shivering, the female sighed. She pushed her seat back and kicked her feet up. Sticking her tongue out, she unclasped her broach from her collar. "First of all, not stolen... simply given. It was my fiancee's aunts, he technically stole it from her deathbed." she lightly giggled as she tossed the gem up and caught it. "He was targeted over it." the female talked without any worry. "It belongs to me, after all, had he not died, I'd have inherited it anyway. He had me wear it on the daily anyway." smiling lightly, she reattached the gem.

Dazai sighed looking over the letter. "Well according to this they're here looking for it. For as it says, and I quote somebody whom we had a valuable contact with, holds a gem that belongs to us. I'm sure you're familiar with the female. She is quite hard to forget, most dolls are." the cringe on (Y/n)'s face was evident as she crossed her arms pouting.

~

To her luck, the letters began to get more detailed with things. Today's letter was unbearable. "If we do not get a response we will take action and take both the jewel and the doll back to London with us. Valuable assets to our organization are not things we like to leave behind. Especially when they are useful. If she does not reply, we will simply say the exact reasons in our next note to you."

"Care to explain?" Kunikida dangled the letter in front of the female. Groaning, she covered her head with her arms.

"Okay so, my fiance was a shady man! He made a lot of deals and did a bunch of illegal stuff. Part of the reason why I wanted to be a detective. It's not like I wanted to put him in jail." Dazai snorted at that remark, earning a glare from the female.

"You so did. He was abusive, why are you so hesitant to say it out loud (Y/n)?" Dazai snickered as he filled his cup with coffee again. He took a sip looking at her reddened face.

"Alright, I wanted to put him behind bars. He sold not only the floofing jewel but also me. Well, my parents did that first." That was a complete accident. Her hand covered her mouth as the room fell silent. "Ignore that!" she mumbled looking to the side. The half-truth with her being sold went by them with ease. "I simply healed their injuries and stuff.", another partial truth.

~

Stirring sugar into her tea, the female looked up into the warm blue of the sky. Across from her sat a female. Her purple hair and green eyes staring at the female. "You know, I really hate you nine."