Chapter 30

I'm sitting in class, when my phone dings from beside me. My teacher gives me a glare, obviously trying to tell me that I'm not supposed to have my ringer on. I roll my eyes with boredom as i pick up my phone.

Blaine:
Tyler?

What the hell?

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Is that how much sleep I've been loosing?

Tyler:
Blaine?
Are you really texting me?

Blaine:
Yes.
I'm sorry.

As much as i am happy that he finally texted me back, i feel a level of hurt. He left me.

Tyler:
You hurt me.

Blaine:
I know and I'm sorry baby, i didn't mean to. Can i explain myself?

My heart beats faster when i read the word 'baby'.

Tyler:
Please explain...

Blaine:
Thank you.
My dad found out i was texting you. He took away my phone and started beating me again for being a 'fag'. Worst beating of my life. I couldn't get out of my bed for days. He hid my phone from me. Probably not breaking it because he's cheap and hates wasting money. I found my phone today and I read all your texts. I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to hurt you. I never want you to be sad because of me.

Tyler:
IM SORRY FOR SAYING YOU LEFT ME. I'M SORRY ARE YOU OK? I JUST MISSED YOU A LOT AND I GOT DRAMATIC AND I WAS SAD AND I'M SORRY

Blaine:
I don't blame you.
You didn't know the full situation.
You like me?

Tyler:
What?

Blaine:
In one of your texts you said, 'I like you more than i should'. Is it true?

Tyler:
...
You make me happy. Happier than I've ever been. Just thinking about you makes me smile. I like you a lot.
I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

Blaine:
It doesn't make me uncomfortable.
As odd as it is to like someone you've never met, I like you too.

Tyler:
Update: I'm smiling like an idiot now. Thanks a lot

Blaine:
I'm not going to apologize for that.
I just wish i could see it.

Tyler:
Someday.
I promise someday.

Blaine:
I'm gonna hold you to that.

I smiled softly to myself, putting my phone back in my pocket.

He's back

Blaine's back.

Just the thought makes me smile.

But then i think about how his dad beat him and my blood boils. I would give nothing more than to strangle the man. I don't care if its murder i will go to jail with a proud smile on my face.

Blaine deserves better.

I want to give him better.

Those are the only thoughts that go through my brain as i walk through the hallway towards my next class.

"Hey you! In the red shirt!" I hear a voice shout, making me immediately look down at my shirt. Seeing that its red, i turn to the sound of the voice to see the guy i bumped into the other day. Blaine.

"Um. Hi?" I respond, once he gets close enough to hear me.

"Hey" he says, giving me a small smile. His teeth are really white.

I stare at him with wide eyes, silently asking him what the hell he is doing talking to me.

"I just wanted to let you know i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable the other day" he says, obviously referring to when i ran out on him.

"Its ok. You just reminded me of someone I missed, thats all" i say, shrugging nonchalantly. He gives me a puzzled look almost as if trying to figure out a riddle.

"Oh. Ok" he says. We stand in silence for a few moments, and i take that as my cue to leave.

"Um... well... bye?" I say, turning on my heel, walking towards my next class. I can feel his burning gaze on my back but i don't look back.