She?

As Mae grew up, she began to feel less and less like a girl until she decided she wasn't a girl. Mainly because she didn't fit in with girls, and every time someone called her she, she wanted to kicked them so hard up their genitals, her foot would get pregnant.

She soon decided she was non-binary. But then she questioned that, and decided she was a demiboy. She soon questioned that until she decided she was a masculine genderfluid. She was honestly okay being referred to as anything, as long as it was human or she wasn't seen as that gender.

She then told her mother this. Her mother responded with the heartbreaking assessment,

"Mae, there are only two genders. You're either a boy or a girl."

For Mae, that was a true kick in her bloody heart. Her mind went to things unimaginable.

Her getting a knife that night, then stabbing her mother's chest directly into her heart, then disecting her body, feeling the tissues being torn. The tissue massaging her hands as she rummaged around, tasting her blood. It was a delicious thought, but Mae knew it was wrong.

Mae then went to the bathroom with a knife to punish herself. Granted, it wasn't much of punishment considering she could look at the blood pooling, but she wouldn't allow herself to taste it. No, no.

Mae had dreams that night, dreams of blood and violence. Her taking a knife to her cat, amputating all its limb, then skinning it. She would then cook it like a steak, and force her mother to eat it. She would then plunge a chef's knife into her mother's chest, disect her, then kill herself slowly.

Mae wanted to do that so badly the next day. But she refrained. Just a little longer.