hallucination

This chapter isn't going to be very violent. More just... Freaky. 😖

----

Why do you do this to yourself, Mae?

Why do you put yourself through this?

If you had cut a little deeper, we wouldn't be here right now.

You failed. Just like you always do.

Make sure to aim for the damn vein next time.

Mae awoke to a wet sponge on her face. Her dog's—Bishop's—tongue. How is he alive?

Mae weakly placed her hand on Bishop's head, praying it wasn't just a dream. She soon felt soft, sticky fur under her fingers. It was him.

She slowly opened her eyes, her lids feeling like sandpaper, to a bloody scene. Her wrists were covered in blood, Bishop's about was too. But he was alive!

This wasn't the first time she had an ultra-realistic hallucination. She used to have a demon friend names Rico. He would control her sometimes. Make her do evil things. But eventually, as she got older, Rico abruptly left. Never came back. She'd always wished he'd leave, but now that he was gone, life was quiet.

Mae sat up, using Bishop's sturdy abdomen as support. She rubbed her dry eyes whilst walking to the bathroom. She looked into the mirror and saw a completely different person.

Her eyes were sunken in, red. Her cheeks not fluffy as they usually are, but nearly nonexistent. Just skin and a skull.

She slowly lifted up her shirt, only coming up to below her breasts, as we shouldn't want to trigger some disphoria for today.

She had no muscle. Or fat. She had what looked like an eight inch waist below wide, decrepit ribs. She had obviously lost a few pounds.

Her jaw dropped. She ran from the bathroom to the kitchen and started feasting on food. Eating anything she could get. She soon lay down, panting.

Next to her right side, lay Bishop, looking up at her with big brown eyes. At her feet was the mutilated , of Bishop. The exact place it had been before she blacked out. Mae let out and exasperated sigh, closing her eyes.