Chapter 2: 3 Days to the Wedding: Evening

The little hairs on his arms were still standing on end as Yamato sat on the roof of the academy building, looking at the Hokage Rock, mostly at the Rokudaime, which didn't help. It was the first time he had to deal with being aroused by just waiting and it was a really counterintuitive thing to do, especially when it was taking its sweet time. It was his fault for being unable to stop thinking of what just happened. If only he was home, he could have taken the adult approach to this, rather than having to hide it like a teenager.

Crossing his legs, Yamato leaned back against the parapet and closed his eyes. I'm so screwed. Recognising that he didn't only admire his senpai was actually unsurprising. If he had to be honest with himself, Yamato knew he had harboured adoration for the man since they were young, but that level physical reaction, now that was unexpected.

All they did was kiss, yet everything about Kakashi had become incredibly enticing since they began to spend so much time apart. Even then, if his senpai hadn't started this, Yamato would have buried this desire with all the rest of his emotions. But Kakashi firstly toyed with his feelings, and now with his urges.

Yamato couldn't positively say he was attracted to men, and since he lacked experience, he'd never been able to deny or confirm that either. It was noticeably more common for men to be drawn to women, for whatever reason, so that was what he expected of himself and those around him. The only people in his life who didn't fall into that mould were Izumo and Kotetsu, he assumed those two had to be a couple. But, although, Yamato knew them, he wasn't close enough to go asking questions on that topic, especially not when the person he had in mind was the Hokage. Or could he?

No. He shook his head. He would try figuring things out on his own first since the only person he truly trusted was Kakashi himself. Come to think of it, his senpai had very few friends of his own as well, and Yamato was sure they were kept at an arms length. Did the other have questions about this too? Or maybe he already knew... What if he knows?

The idea that Kakashi-senpai knowingly lusted after him made his face warm up, even if that was hard to believe. Yamato was pretty average looking on his best days, maybe a little too skinny for his height, and his big deadpan eyes were more suited to scaring the kids than seducing another human being. So if his senpai was attracted to men then he wouldn't be his number one option.

Yamato's brows squished together. If that was the case, then it was best that Kakashi wasn't attracted men at all. It was selfish and childish, but the younger man wanted to be number one in all his senpai's lists, not just the favourite kouhai one. He worked hard for years to impress him, so it was only fair.

Opening his eyes to the cloudless blue sky, Yamato sighed loudly in disappointment. Not only he was having to deal with his hardon like a teenager, he was starting to think like one.

After a few minutes sitting there, getting blinded by the sun, his excitement finally subsided and Yamato was able to make it to his mucky apartment. It had been over 6 months since he last set foot in it, and maybe a year before that. It looked just as bad as before, if not worse. This time around, however, he had to stay in the village for a few days and making that place habitable was a more pressing task than the shower he had been looking forward to.

...

The heavy book made a loud noise as it was dropped on his desk. Kakashi dragged it closer to have a look. The day was almost ending and he hated being handed work this late, if anything, this was the time he handed Shikamaru work and not the other way around.

"Didn't I give you this in the morning?" Kakashi said as he opened the book to find the work undone.

"I had to schedule a reunion with the Alliance for next week, and reassign the Jōnin for the wedding. I also had a meeting with the Sand Village representative and... reschedule your time for this year's Chūnin exams," Shikamaru said curtly. "I believe you are equipped to go over the ANBU business without my help. I gathered all the intel I could possibly find, but as you can imagine, there isn't a lot of it when it comes to Root members."