Chapter 3: 3 Days to the Wedding: Intimacy

I don't want to stop.

Yamato heard himself say, but the words poured out of his mouth by accident. Come to think of it, they weren't even accurate. Not that he didn't want to stop, it was that, when he felt Kakashi's lips on his, he knew he could not. Each time they kissed, Yamato wanted more, he craved it.

For years he had been by his senpai's side, he trusted him; he was trusted by him, they relied on one another, saved each other's lives. Yamato never questioned it or tried to define this bond because what was there to find? It was a result of their past and what they were. But the further he was kept from him the more he longed for his company. Kakashi's touches became warm, the way he spoke and whispered sent shivers through his body and even the pace of his heart turned chaotic around him. That first kissed flooded his mind with all the things he once renounced, and that relationship that was so simple, was gone.

"Then don't." Kakashi said and took Yamato's bottom lip between his teeth.

Then he wouldn't. Yamato didn't really know how far he was willing to go, how far he had to go for all this fire inside him to burn out. He wasn't sure if that was possible or if it even mattered. Kakashi sucked his lip into his mouth, almost drawing a moan out of him. Heat surfaced, taking over his chest, his neck, his face.

Maybe he was red,... No, he was definitely red. His eyes opened just a little. He wanted to look at him. By now he knew that when they were this close he couldn't see much, but even a little glimpse of Kakashi's expression would be nice. But the older man let go of his lip and pulled back, enough for Yamato to focus on his face. Kakashi was panting. If he could remember right, as they were talking, when their lips were barely touching, he was already breathing heavier than normal.

They stared at each other. If someone had described such a scene to him, he would have imagined it to be uncomfortable and awkward, but it was neither. The natural paleness of Kakashi's skin had a rose tinge, his tired and pleading eyes staring back at him, the way his lips were apart just enough so he could see his tongue and the white edge of his teeth as they gaped further when he inhaled. There was nothing uncomfortable about it. Looking at his senpai like this made Yamato want him in ways he couldn't describe.

Reaching out, he traced Kakashi's cheek with the back of his fingers, then over his scar. The other's brows wrinkled a little, and Yamato smiled. His hand moved to cup Kakashi's face just under his jawline, drifting slowly to bury the fingers into his hair.

"Seeing something you like?" Kakashi said.

"I might be."

"You can stare at me whenever."

"Not like this."

That look his senpai was giving him was all but whenever. He had seen the other many times, closely, even privately, but this was intimate. He didn't expect Kakashi to understand as he couldn't see what he was seeing.

Closing his fingers gently around the silver strands on the back of Kakashi's head, Yamato began to pull him closer. His gaze abandoned the other's and rested on his lips as they slowly drew near. No matter how many times they kissed, it felt like his heart would burst out of his throat right before their mouths touched, as the sound of their breathing grew louder as the distance faded.

When they finally met, Yamato's tongue pressed firmly against Kakashi's lips, urging him to part them so he could taste him again. The other complied without hesitation, taking Yamato's tongue in his and leaned over, making him sink back on the sofa.

A warm and sturdy palm laid on his stomach and held him down. The other shifted slightly, keeping their lips locked. They weren't in the best position. He had his legs crossed, his senpai had a leg in, one out, his hips were wrongly turned to one side. The logistics of kissing were more complicated than the younger man had considered. But the idea of breaking their link to fix it was absurd.