♢ Chapter 5 ♢

♢♢♢

chinese new year
By SALES

I'm looking out for cosmos

I'm hoping that we get along

It's time for an ovation

It's time for us to make a change

♢♢♢

      Things went down.

     After I heard a clang, the guy in front of me collapsed. I looked around to see what had happened and saw Flame behind me with a gun in his hand.

     My eyes widened at the sight. Flame had his arm raised with a gun in his hand. A real gun. My heart started pacing.

     I wanted to run. My mind told me to run. Flame could shoot me. He could smash my head with the gun either. But I didn't run. I froze. I couldn't move. My legs refused to. And Flame didn't shoot me. He put his gun somewhere behind him.

      My legs worked for a few seconds and I took a few steps back. He put his hand on my shoulder, which made me jerk.

      "We've gotta go." Flame said. I opened my mouth to ask questions, but he cut me off. "Now is not the time for questions. We have to get out of here."

     He looked around, seeing if there was away to get off this street. There was a left coming up, the left that Natalie usually takes to get to her house. 

      He ran towards the lane, but noticed I wasn't following. I was stuck to the ground. I couldn't move. Work, legs. Please work.

      "You coming, or do I have to drag you?" Flame asked. He didn't really leave me with much of a choice. I had to follow him. Looks like my legs didn't like the thought of being dragged either. I shook my head, as I ran after him.

      "Can I ask you questions while we'll running, from whatever?" I tried asking him.

      "No. Save your breath." He replied. I stared at him, and sighed and kept running. 

      We eventually got to the main road, where we slowed down to walking. There were a multitude of cars and people going past. No one took heed at us.

     I looked at Flame's back, where I saw him put his gun somewhere. The bottom of the gun could be slightly seen. How did I never see him have a gun on him? Maybe he'd always have it well hidden before. We were rushing today. Running away from death we were. 

      "We blend in well on the main road." Flame panted. I was panting too. Even though I couldn't move back there, when we started moving I ran as fast as my legs could go.

     "Turn off your phone. They could trace us even if you get a single phone call." Flame demanded. I didn't like the sound of being bossed around by this guy, so I asked him a question.

     "Who are 'they' and why are they after us. After me?" I queried. I wanted the answer to so many questions right now. I am a very curious person, and it will kill me one day. Just like it killed the cat.

     "I'll answer everything once we're safe. Now turn off your phone." He responded.

      This was getting repetitive and annoying. I hated it, but I listened to Flame despite myself. I took out me phone and switched it off.

      "Where are we going?!" I asked.

      "My place." Flame answered with not much explanation. Flame called a taxi for us. We got into the taxi, and we got time to catch our breaths, and take rest. The taxi driver was an old man, and he treated us kindly.