♢ Chapter 3 ♢

♢♢♢

Bubbles
By Hunger

If this is love, why can I not breathe?

If this is love, why can I find no sleep?

♢♢♢

     Classes went on during the day, as normal.

     I saw Flame a few times out the window. I gave him the occasional middle finger and an obvious annoyed attitude. Fun.

     I was mostly looking forward for the little meeting with Jayden. Yeah, it's gonna be like two seconds, I'll get the book and go, but still.

     I'm also scared. What if some, possessive fan girl attacked me? Or fan gay. You never know.

     I was on my way to the cafeteria, to tell Natalie about the meeting with Jayden. I should've told her earlier. I have no idea what she'd do when I suddenly give her the news now.

     I reached there and saw her sitting with Mike and Zayn.

     Zayn. He's a quite scary looking boy. In reality though, he's sweet and a great guy in general. He only came to this school this year. He's quite new. But we immediately became his friends, me and Natalie.

     Mike was sitting right next to Zayn. He is the softest boy I've ever met. The most energetic too. Never know where he gets all his energy from. Zayn says it from the orange juice he always drinks.

      I saw Mike huddled a little close to Zayn. I smiled at the sight. Mike has a crush on Zayn, and both me and Natalie know since we practically begged the truth out of him. I hope he gets somewhere with that. They're cute together.

     "Hey, there she is. Come on! Val!" Natalie called out to me. I shook my head at her. She look confused.

     "I have to go do something." I paused. Should I tell her I'm going to see Jayden? I decided against it since she, uh, could scream it to the entire cafeteria. No thanks. "I'll be back in a bit. Won't take too long."

     Natalie looked at Mike and Zayn. The two boys shrugged.

     "Yeah, sure, go on." Natalie let me go. I smiled at her and put my bag next to them telling them to mind it.

     I went off to the yard, and scanned the bleachers. I spotted Jayden. He gave me a little wave. I waved back. I happily strode over to him.

     "Hey there, Valerie, isn't it?" He greeted me. I nodded at him, trying not to just, burst out and scream.

     He turned to his bag, and fished out my math book. I took the book from his hands.

     "Thank you so much" I thanked him for giving my math book back.

     "Ah, no. You shouldn't thank me. I was the one who accidentally took it off you!" He laughed. Gosh that precious laugh. Made me chuckle a bit.

     "Well, thank you anyway. For, y'know. Texting me." I rambled. Shut up Valerie. "Meeting me here and giving me my book." Shut the fuck up Valerie.

     "Yeah. It was nice meeting you. Talking to you, y'know properly." It was nice meeting me. God he just said it was nice meeting me.

     "Yeah, same here." I was smiling like an idiot. I know I was. I couldn't keep eye contact with him, so I looked past his shoulder. My smile slowly dropped when I saw something in the distance.