•Damon•

"What the hell Damon!"

You rolled your eyes at your older sister. She has 2 vampires protecting her and all she can do is get mad at them for saving her life.

"Come on Elena, he was protecting you. Sure he has some messed up ways but in the end he does his job."

You had always preferred the older Salvatore and you might've even developed a little crush on him. However, it would obviously mean nothing cause he was in love with Elena. Elena was always chosen over you. Whether it was with your parents or Jeremy or your friends, her life and opinion was always chosen over yours and you were growing tired of it. And you were growing tired of her death wish.

"What part do you guys not get? I won't let my safety kill any of our friends!"

"Oh my god Elena! Stop with your martyr complex because it's not gonna get anywhere here. Every one loves you. Damon and Stefan are in love with you and they'll do anything to keep you safe. Or do you still not get that?"

"And if it came down to it, I would rather have them save you or Bonnie or even Tyler than me."

I scoffed, standing up from the couch in the Salvatore living room.

"And yet everyone would still chose you. They'd chose saving you over anything including me. Hell they'd chose you over me in everything. Our parents did, Jeremy too,"

Damon finally spoke up,

"Y/N"

"No Damon! I mean look around, think of all the problems we've had in the last month. All had to do with saving Elena, no matter the consequences. I even turned into a vampire to save your life Elena."

You looked back over at Elena, who now had tears streaming down her face.

"Y/N-"

"I'm going to get a bite."

You stormed out of the living room, hitting Elena's shoulder on your way out. You went down to the Salvatore blood stash and ripped open a blood bag. You heard footsteps coming down and turned around to be face to face with Damon.

"Damon if your gonna tell me to go up there and apologize, save your breath."

He narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything. His hand rose to your face and pushed a strand of hair behind your ear.

"For what it's worth, I'm not in love with Elena. Maybe I was but what ever I felt for her can't even compare to what I feel for you."

You scoffed and suddenly your shoes seemed to be entertaining. Using his hand that was on your cheek he hooked a finger under your chin and forced you to look at his eyes. His baby blue eyes.

"Do you really mean that or-"

You were cut off suddenly when he crashed his lips onto yours. Shocked you pulled away but when you looked back up at him, you could see that he wasn't lying. You brought his lips back to yours and couldn't help but smile into the kiss and you felt him do it too. He pulled away, breathless, and pulled you closer to him.

"I love you Y/N. I don't know when it happened or how it happened, maybe it was when we became best friends or maybe it's been since the first day I met you and you walked down those stairs in your house. I don't know, but I do know that I love you."

You didn't know that it was possible but your smile grew even larger. You ran your hand through his hair and connected it to your other one behind his neck.

"I love you too Damon. I think I always have."

He kissed you again and you didn't think life could get any better than this.

AN- So this is the official start to imagines in this book. This is actually the first ever Damon imagine that i've written so lol. I'm not sure who I'm gonna do next but be on the look out for those.

Also, check out my other imagine book, it's all Klaus:)