Dinner With A Special Request

Making reservations was hard. Especially when the one you wanted to surprise was the one and only Olivia Benson who could figure shit out with a quickness. She had been dating Olivia for a few months now and she already knew that this was the one person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. She wanted to build a life with this woman who had won her heart. Olivia had been there for her, after the kidnapping when she had been away from her daughters for four days. Noone really knew what happened only she did and she wasnt ready to tell all. The woman she had fallen in love with understood all and just held her, and was there for her. Now she wanted to spend the rest of her life with this woman. She sent a text to Lucy, since she and Liv had been dating they both used Lucy for a sitter.

"Hey Lucy, is it possible to watch the kids tonight?" Amanda hit send on the text

Lucy had been working around her apartment, cleaning and what not when the text came through. She was so happy that the woman she had been working for had finally found someone, someone who genuinely understood her and cared about her. Yes she had been there through Tucker and that was just. She couldnt even. Her boss and friend had been happy for a while with him as he accepted her role as mother first, and then at the time leiutenant as second. But he had tired of the work and wanted to retire. He wanted to retire with her and go on and travel. She had said no. She saw Olivia go on and question herself for a while. She didnt like that. Olivia was a good mother, good worker and she had given everything to Ed. Then she saw the best thing happen to Olivia. She saw Amanda come into her life and not only accept her for who and what she was but Amanda loved her for that as well. She happily text her back

"Sure Amanda, it's not a problem. You guys catch a case?" Was Lucy's reply. Which made Amanda breath out a sigh of relief. One part down, now to actually do it.

Amanda shook off her thoughts of Liv saying no. "No we didnt. It's been a long week, just wanted to treat Liv to dinner. Are you sure you dont mind?"

She didnt want to say anything about the proposal, she was already nervous she didnt want to make it worse.
Lucy text her back telling her it wasnt a problem. That she would be over to their place around sixish. Amanda again told her thanks. Amanda called the restaurant and made reservations for seven pm. It was a small quaint restaurant, they had actually had their first official date there, Amanda remembered vividly she wanted somewhere quiet they could talk. They did talk, and finding out Olivia had been crushing on her just as much as she had been was just mind blowing to her. When she reserved the table she told them she wanted a bottle of sauvignon blanc. It was her girlfriend's favorite wine.

Just before date, Amanda paced back and forth as she got ready for their dinner. She was nervous as hell. Would Liv say yes? Would she say no? Liv picked up on her nerves and questioned her. She played it off as she was just hungry. She didnt want to ruin her surprise. She had finished getting ready, and was now giving herself a pep talk. Nerves were a bitch. Liv on the other hand was nervous as well. She was wondering why Amanda was so pent up and quiet. Wasnt like her. Her mind wandered to if Amanda was on the verge of breaking up with her. That she possibly wanted someone younger and closer to her age. Though she loved the blonde with all she was.

Lucy showed up just as she said she would, a little after six. The kids excited to see her. They always loved to be around Lucy and she them. The two older kids happily showing Lucy their school work and stuff and Billie gurgling in her pack and play. All the kids content and Amanda saw that what she was planning on doing was right for them. It was just going to cement their family. Amanda put the ring in her pocket and prepared to leave. When they were getting ready to leave Lucy told them to enjoy some time alone and each other. They both smiled at Lucy and left. Amanda's nerves wreaking havoc in the car. Liv noticed her hand trembling and gently placed her hand ontop of Amanda's. It was about a twenty minute drive to the restaurant. Amanda was trying to visualize how she was going to do this without throwing up her nerves were so bad. Liv let go of her hand and gently caressed her face.