Chapter Twenty-Three

-Nate's POV-

"Are you gonna kiss me or not?" They were not the words I was expecting to hear come out of Kaygen's mouth, but they were the best words he could have said in that moment.

I was stunned for a second, he made my heart jump, but I couldn't wait any longer, ever since I got my first taste of him, I craved more, the ghost of his lips against mine haunted me, always.

His sweet, sweet lips against mine, addicting enough to have me begging for more, this boy is driving me crazy, and I'm loving every second of it.

I needed to feel that again, his words echoed in my head, like a favourite song on repeat, and then a growl rumbled deep in my throat, fuck, I love him.

My lips crashed against his, fearing I might actually go insane if I didn't do something soon. He returned the kiss instantly, his lips melding beautifully with mine and taking my breath away.

I know my mate is tired, I could see the exhaustion on his face, hear it in his voice, and after the night he has had, I wasn't surprised, so I didn't push him.

Instead, I slowed down the kiss, taking control, and sharing a more passionate and loving kiss, rather than the needy and excitable one I craved, but I would wait for him.

He didn't need that right now, he needed to know I was here for him, that he is loved, and I would protect him with everything I have. I've never seen Kaygen like this before, but to face three rogues like he did, it was understandable to see him so vulnerable.

A part of me still wanted to know what was going through his head in that moment, I knew he was giving up, so what made him change his mind? Just what was my crazy mate thinking?

I knew I couldn't ask him about it, if I did, he'd know I was there, and that would just lead to questions that I can't answer yet. Although I was kind of jealous that Damon got to tell L, and he took it so well too, I hope Kaygen was the same, but after tonight, I'm probably fucked, I wouldn't doubt him being absolutely terrified of wolves now.

Shit. I didn't even think about that, what the hell am I supposed to do about that? I'll have to ask Damon, because I could supress my wolf for so long, but sooner or later Kaygen would find out, whether I wanted him to or not.

Kaygen's light breath tickled my lips, and to my surprise, he let me take control of the kiss, he tasted like Whisky and chocolate, a weird combination that surprising mixed well together.

Sweet yet bitter, it made me curious, my tongue flicked ever so slightly against his lips, they were parted just enough for my tongue to slip inside and taste him fully.

He sucked in a breath at feeling my tongue sensually rubbing against his own ever so slowly, his tongue pressed against my own hesitantly, almost testing the waters to make sure it was safe, and it lit a fire in me that had me moaning against his lips.

He tasted so good, so addicting, I want to kiss him forever, would he let me? Will you let me fall so deeply in love with you that nothing will ever feel the same without you by my side?

Kaygen didn't need to change, I realised that. I wanted him to be his true self with me and only me, I am selfish, I want all of Kaygen to myself, I can't help it.

I've learned to love his broodiness, that badass persona that he may not even be aware he had, the way he was always listening to every word I said even if he seemed disinterested, the way he stood up for me instinctively.

To most, Kaygen has a hard personality to get along with, but I like my reluctant little mate, just so long as he didn't push me away, I could deal with his little temper tantrums, in fact I thrived off of them.