Chapter Fifty-One

-Nate's POV-

I was fully prepared to let Kaygen hit me, of course with him being human, I doubt it would even hurt physically, but that wasn't the point.

If my love didn't want to come out about our relationship just yet then I fully supported his decision, after all we have forever to do that.

With that been said, I would have gladly taken the hit with a smile on my face, the only thing that would have bothered me, was the douche bags cocky face once he did it.

I could only imagine the amount of satisfaction he would have got, not to mention just how guilty Kaygen would have felt, to hit someone you care about is one thing, but to hit someone you are mated to is on a completely different level.

That, I was worried about, what if he never forgave himself? But this was his decision, and I would stand by it no matter what he chose to do.

What I wasn't expecting, however, was for Kaygen to kiss me, I didn't even have time to fully register what was happening before I got pulled in by his charm, his scent, and the feel of his lips against mine.

It was actually really exciting to kiss him in public, like announcing to the whole world that he was mine, and nobody was going to take him from me.

We kind of got a little lost in the kiss, because by the time our lips finally separated and we took the time to regulate our breathing, the hallway was empty.

"Well...I wasn't expecting that," I breathed, watching Kaygen as he regained his senses.

"Don't ever tell me it's okay to hit you again," he frowned; a smile twitched at the corner of my lips.

"Sorry, my love."

"Just because you're willing to, doesn't mean you should, you're worth more than that to me and you should be worth more than that to yourself."

I smiled widely, staring into his eyes, feeling nothing but love.

"You're worth more than everything else to me, my love. You are my entire universe, Kaygen," I grinned, placing a hand on the side of his face.

I could tell he wanted to fight me on it, hell, I could hear his thoughts, but he didn't. He sighed and smiled, and then he kissed me again.

*

By the time we got to lunch, we only had about ten minutes left, and I was fucking starving, so with a quick rush through the lunch line, we grabbed whatever was left, which wasn't a lot, and sat down at our lunch table, where my pack had long since finished their food.

Well, all except Laken who was nearly finished with his but didn't eat as fast as my big werewolf buddies.

And following their example, I scoffed my food down like I hadn't eaten in a week. I did work up an appetite after all.

"What happened?" Laken asked after he finally finished his food.

"What makes you assume something happened?" Kaygen asked back with a raised eyebrow.

"Brad has been glaring at you two since you walked in."

I glanced over to Brad's table and sure enough, he was glaring at us, and I couldn't help but laugh as Kaygen rolled his eyes.

"He wanted me to punch Nate to prove we weren't dating," Kaygen said simply before taking in a mouthful of food, but what he said caught the attention of everyone else at the table, especially Damon who glanced at me in worry.

"So, what did you do?" Damon asked, but I instantly told him to calm down.

"I kissed him," he replied again, not caring much for the conversation.