4

"Welcome to my store Princess Raeliana."

In front of me of Poland. The owner of one of the biggest and most popular dress shops and industries in the kingdom. With beautiful and well known dresses, he was also the royal family supplier.

"Greetings to you Sir Poland." He led me to dresses that he thought would suit my age then I asked him to leave. It was kind of unfortunate that I regressed in age, so the version of appropriate differed from what I could wear before.

I searched through countless dresses until I came across a simple one. Simplicity over too eccentric was the best choice. I called Poland over and he smiled.

"It is quite a lovely dress princess, I think it will suit you." That was good to hear. One other thing Poland was known for was his ruthless honesty. If a dress did not suit a customer then he would outrightly say it. Nobles often were frustrated but with the backing from the royal family along with him being the continuous trendsetter, he was basically untouchable.

The dress was paid for almost immediately and it was sent back to the palace. I thanked Poland then went outside. There were guards stationed outside the shop and they followed me as I walked around the capital going from shop to shop.

Of course I attracted attention but I wasn't too bothered about it. Despite my position as the unloved princess, they still had an oath to the royal family about our protection and breaking it was instant death.

Eventually I went into a jewellery shop without a sign on the front. It was messy but I was sure that I could find something for her.

Then I felt something pass through me which made me stagger. Something in this shop was radiating pure energy!

I turned around to see if the guards were affected and they all seemed calm. What... I walked deeper inside and found the source of the energy. It was coming from a Citrine necklace.

The gemstone was small but the energy radiating from it wasn't.

"Raoul"

Black mist appeared behind me and took the form of a man. He gave a cheeky smile.

He was my contract spirit

He was my contract spirit. Seeing as I was the one in the family, besides father, gifted with the ability to use dark magic, I am the contractor of a dark spirit.

"Can I touch this?" I asked. Pure energy was the one thing which could combat dark energy. It could not only harm the spirit but the contractor as well. "No hello today."

I frowned at him and he sighed. "Fine. You can but I'd advise you to not hold it directly for too long." While he still had that smile, I could tell he was being serious when he said that. "Be careful princess with the necklace, I can sense there's more to it."

After that he left. "That's quite a good choice." I flinched when I heard the voice behind me. It was definitely foreign and highly unfamiliar. As I turned I blinked and found myself in my carriage.

From what I noticed, the carriage was on the pathway going back to the palace. I looked around and saw the necklace on close to me on the same seat. But this time the necklace wasn't radiating pure energy, it radiated dark energy.

What is this?

•••••

I had spent a while in my bedroom studying the necklace. Upon passing the barrier around the palace, it stopped radiating magic entirely. But unlike how harmful magic items were disabled be the barrier, I felt like that wasn't the case for this necklace.

I scratched my hair as I laid on my bed while sighing in annoyance. Firstly I hadn't been able to get a gift for my cousin and secondly I now had this weird necklace with me.

A knock came from my door, but before I could say anything I smelt something unpleasant. The scent of that witch. What does she want?

"Sister?"

With a flicker of my wrist the door locked and I relaxed. In peace. She knocked once more but I ignored her. I had no need to talk to her. If anything she'd just say something along the lines of how we should get along as sisters and then somehow get hurt and turn the situation against me.

"I know that you don't want to see me sister but I just want to talk to you."

Yeah, no. I have no need nor reason to talk with her. This continued until I heard a sigh then she walked away. She must be angry. From the times I spent in the cellar, with her constantly babbling about how easy it was to over rule me, I found out that keeping up this facade of her being a kind, forgiving sister was tiring and made her angry.

So for me to ignore her must have truly made her angry. Well she can burn in hell for all I care.

Hours later when it was dinner time, a servant came to call me to the dining hall to eat with the rest of the family but I declined. Something about that smelled of Penelope and I didn't like it.

Minutes later Anne arrived with the cart with plates containing hot and delicious food. I had ordered her to eat with me once more upon hearing her stomach growl.

Of course she was reluctant but I wasn't about to see someone who I considered my family be starved just for looking out for me.

As I ate my thoughts drifted. If my plans were successful, I could leave here. I would be safer from Penelope's clutches and away from the toxicity of this so called family. While I was at it, I would also be able to keep Anne safe as well. If I failed I'd rather her not die this time for me. It hurt too much to see that happen the first time.