8

"How did the tea party go my lady?" asked Anne. I sighed as my body slumped into the carriage's seats. "It went well but I am tired out."

"Shall I run a rose and milk bath once we get back?" she asked. That didn't sound too bad. My back was quite tense with anger so a nice soak would not be too bad.

"Yes. Now, enough of me, did anything interesting happen to you." Despite how well she tried to hide it, I could see the faint tint on her cheeks along with the glow to her naturally.

"I'll be honest with my lady. Yes." Why do I practically hear wedding bells.

"Is it to do with someone," I teased. She blushed even harder. "Y-yes." I smiled teasingly and clapped my hands together. "Well, I won't pry too much but let me know of when your wedding happens and let me be the godmother or aunt."

"Princess!" she cried out. I have no regrets. She tried to explain but I would not hear it. In my past life, before Anne died, there was someone whom she had been courted by. I do know that they met at the Duke's mansion and that they were of minor noble lineage.

What stopped them from having a peaceful relationship was actually me since Anne had dedicated herself to helping me when Penelope had begun to move against me.

Well, this time, you'll get your happy ending Anne. I will make sure that you do. Also, the thought of being an aunt who spoils her nieces and nephews rotten does appeal to me in a weird sense.

Anne eventually realised that I wouldn't listen and sighed, then remained silent as did I. The carriage moved along until it finally arrived at the palace.

Afterwards I was quick to go to my bedroom while trying my best to avoid everyone else. While I laid on my bed, Anne and two other maids had begun to prepare the bath while I read through a novel.

Madame Dupeng Chen had warned of an upcoming test for both Lucas and I but I wasn't too bothered. After quickly going through my notes and books, my knowledge was still intact from the previous life so I am not too worried about it.

Lucas on the other hand must be studying right about now, seeing as the hour before dinner time is normally when he'd study.

"Princess, the bathing preparations are done," said one of the maids. I believe her name is Lily. "Thank you for you work, you are both dismissed."

They nodded then left leaving Anne. "You can also go Anne. I plan to soak in the bath for quite a while so I do not require assistance." She understood then left as well.

I took off my dress and went into the water. It was warm and would stay that way for however long I wanted. The perks of using mana stones as heaters with the bathtub.

The tension within my body slowly disappeared as I submerged my body until my nose and eyes weren't inside.

Suddenly, the lights went out. From what I was hearing from the shadows, the power in the entire palace was gone.

"Raoul!"

My blood ran cold when I realised that I couldn't call him. "That won't work well princess." Something about the tone used to say princess brought a shiver down my spine.

I tried my best to remain calm but I could tell that the voice came from behind me. "Are you here to assassinate me?" I asked. Keep Calm... Keep Calm...

The person did not respond but I felt a strand of my hair being lifted. "Not the most convenient time to meet but it will have to do. It will be a long time until we meet again."

I could determine from the voice that it was a male. A young male at that. What does he mean by that. "It was a pleasure meeting you once again princess."