Raph x Sad reader

Requested by @Dark_Soul49

Title: Fists

I stared at my ceiling; motionless. I was so sad that my body had become overtaken with it and now refused to move. The only thing I could feel was my chest hurting and the tears rolling down my face. Nothing else mattered.

I honestly didn't know why I was like this. He had broken up with me over a month ago. He had long since started talking to another girl while I was still here, acting like he had just dumped me twenty minutes ago. I had been moping around like I didn't exist anymore without him; which, in my mind, I didn't. I was now dead; nonexistent. I had no reason to be alive now. Why would I? He was my reason for being alive, so now, I had nothing.

My phone buzzed, bringing me out of my state, at least for a minute.

Hey, Raph had sent.

Hi, I answered back as I dropped my phone onto the bed again, not wanting to talk to anyone right now. I had barely gotten back into a comfortable position when my phone buzzed once, twice.

What's up?

Are you okay? I sighed at his texts and ran a hand through my slightly-greasy hair, rolling my eyes. He obviously knew something was up; I hadn't been to the lair in a month, claiming sickness and other excuses. Obviously, my excuses were starting to disappoint as Mikey and Leo had been texting me lately again, wondering when I was coming over again. I guess Raph was getting into it too, though he was taking a different approach than his brothers.

Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired. I hoped that would satisfy him enough. After all, telling someone you were tired would usually make them leave you alone. Though, reading over the first sentence, I shook my head and dropped my phone onto the bed, going to take a shower. I wasn't fine. I'm not fine. Why couldn't I get over him already? It had been over a month! What was wrong with me? The warm water helped coax more tears out of me as I angrily scrubbed and cleaned the disgust off of myself. Though, this time, they weren't tears for him.

They were tears for me.

Raph scoffed at the text from (y/n) and stood up, stomping over to the lair entrance. Mikey shouted over to him, asking where he was going, but he ignored his little brother's inquire. He was going to see why (y/n) wasn't okay yet.

Quickly making his way out of the sewers, he threw himself above ground and started for (y/n)'s apartment. As he ran, he began to wonder, because what else was he supposed to do? He wondered what was going on with the girl that he was secretly in love with. He wondered why, when she was obviously hurting, she would avoid telling someone. Raph may have looked it, but he wasn't stupid. He knew when something was wrong with people. He'd gotten very good at reading people.

Finally reaching (y/n)'s apartment window, he looked through it to see her laying with her back to him, her shoulders shaking slightly. She was just laying on top of her blanket, shivering with her obviously wet hair. She must've had just gotten out of the shower.

Raph, with a warning knock, opened the window and slid inside, closing it behind him. (Y/n) didn't even react. She just continued to quietly cry as Raph turned to her. He made a move to sit on the bed beside her, but froze when he remembered her boyfriend. Right, him. Where was he during all this? Didn't matter, Raph was there now.

Respecting her boundaries, he walked around the bed to see her face. Her eyes were red and puffy and there were tear streaks on her face, but she still looked adorable to him. He sighed and reached out, grabbing her hand as she silently regarded him.

"What happened?" Raph whispered as she sniffed, licking her dry lips.

"He left me." Raph didn't need anymore context. He pursed his lips and stood up with clenched fists. As he walked past (y/n), he heard her beginning to cry again. He stopped a few inches away from the window and turned to look at her over his shoulder. She had rolled over and was now looking at him, wet hair tumbling over her face. She wasn't crying anymore; just waiting for him. What decision was he going to make?

Was he going to go pummel the boyfriend and risk being seen and exposed? Or, was he going to stay with a broken girl and help her in her time of need?

Raph unclenched his fists and reached a hand up, locking the window and closing the curtains. Then, he hesitantly put a knee on the bed and stopped. He didn't want to make (y/n) uncomfortable. He was suddenly jolted when she reached up and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him down. He waited for her to shift around and get comfortable before doing the same, not moving too much in fear of scaring her. She was still fragile after all.

"I'm okay." She suddenly said quietly as she sniffed, pulling her hair away from her cold skin. Raph reached for one of her blankets and pulled it over them to help warm her skin. Raph knew he wasn't very good at that type of thing, though it wasn't his choice.

"Are you sure?" He asked back, rubbing little circles in her back as she sighed, closing her eyes. Mint flooded his face as she breathed, having just brushed her teeth.

"Yeah, I am. I wasn't sad for him. I was sad for myself. I couldn't get over him, and for what? He wasn't even that good a boyfriend. I think I was just sad because I let myself have someone I wasn't worth. I'm worth more that what I let him give me." Raph hummed, nodding softly in agreement.

"Well, now you know how much you deserve, which is more than what you let yourself have. Just remember that." Raph nuzzled her softly, smiling at her realization. (Y/n) was amazing in every way. In the way she smiled brightly, cried with every fiber in her being, laughed a little too loud, and listened intently to whatever was being said. She was such a good person in every way that she didn't realize when someone was doing her wrong. She thought that as long as someone was happy, she eventually would be too. Because, if she could control someone else's happiness, she could sure as shell control her own. But, that's not how it worked. People's happiness doesn't rely on other people. If you want to be happy, you have to go out and find it yourself, and not wait for someone to bring it to you. That's what mattered.

"I love you, Raph. But, I'm not ready." Raph lost his breath on her words. She loved him. Him. She had feelings for him. He suddenly felt as if he could do anything. But, he had to be willing to wait; which he was. He would wait forever if he had to.

Because even if his happiness depended on himself and what he wanted, she was a push in the direction that it would take for a smile.

"I know." With a bright smile, they fell asleep together, (y/n) smiling also.

But this time, it wasn't fake.

my dad came into my room and thought i was doing drivers ed, so he told me good job while i was, in fact, writing about a fictional six-foot turtle : )

no regerts