six

it is now thirty minutes later. lavender has finally consumed some food, which was about time. it's almost three o'clock. jack has told him this morning that his daughter doesn't take a nap every afternoon, only if she's really tired. well, tired she defenitely is today. apparently crying and screaming for thirty minutes, not to forget obsessively ignoring someone for more than an hour, wrecks your energy. the little girl keeps rubbing her eyes and yawning, obviously being extremely tired after all the commotion she created.

franny also notices this, and she asks daniel where she can put lavender down to sleep.

"uhm, just put her down in tyler's room, i guess. christian's is probably extremely messy."

"okay, i'll be right back."

she picks lavender up and walks out of the room. only to come back just a minute later, looking around the house.

"daniel, where is her bag?"

"oh i think i left it at the door. it's the pink one."

she walks past him and returns with a bright pink bag in her hands. this time when she walks away, she doesn't come back.

and now that daniel is left alone on his couch, the tiredness finally washes over him.

franny's pov

this is probably the first time she's ever been in tyler's room. she'd been in every other room in the house though, because she and christian have been good friends for a long time. and recently she became even better friends with his brother daniel. they've been hanging out a lot lately, especially when his band was on a break. but even now, when he is super busy with work again, they still hang out multiple times a week.

but that's not what matters right now, what's important is getting the tired toddler in her arms to bed. she doesn't know for how long lavender had been crying, but it was clear that it had tired her out. after she sat her down on the bed, the brunette girl realizes she doesn't have lavender's bag here.

lavender is still in the same place where she'd left her, before she fetched the bag in the brightest pink colour she's ever seen. when franny opens the bag, it becomes clear that pink is, without a doubt, the toddler's favourite colour. almost everything in there is a shade of pink. she changes the little girl into a cute pair of pyjamas, and lays her peppa pig dress aside.

what else do you do with a one-year-old - or is she two? franny doesn't know - before they take a nap? she can't think of anything important, and besides, lavender is already half asleep. she tucks her in and places a kiss on the girl's forehead.

"sweet dreams lav"

but the toddler doesn't even hear her, she's already fast asleep.

franny stands in the doorway, watching the tiny little girl in the huge bed. lavender is such a sweet kid, when she isn't throwing a tantrum of course. she'd only met her once before, when she hung out with all the boys at jack's place. it's so weird that some of her friends have kids now, when she doesn't even have a boyfriend. it is her biggest dream though, to become a mother one day. spending this time with lavender only confirms that. but she shouldn't dwell away on dreams now, it's time to let the girl sleep and leave her alone.

franny walks back into the living room, about to say something on topic of the cutie sleeping in the other room, when she notices that daniel has fallen asleep too. taking care of lavender must have taken its toll. he looks so peaceful, not as worried as he was before. the look of panic on his face when she'd arrived was so heart-breaking. she can't decide who looks cuter right now, the little girl in the big bed, or the big boy snuggled up on the couch. but obviously, she only thinks this because she was just fantasising about having children and getting a boyfriend. yes, that must be the reason.

a/n both of them now 👀👀