twelve

franny's pov

jack's daughter definitely knows what she wants! she's been screaming 'kiss' at them for a few minutes now, but no matter how many kisses they give her, she's not satisfied. they've tried everything to get her to sleep, what is that she wants?

this time, after she said kiss once more, daniel was going to give her another peck, but she screams no. he flies backwards and almost falls on her. however, he quickly catches himself.

franny sends daniel a questioning look. what can they do to fulfil Lavender's needs, so she will finally sleep?

she snaps out of her thoughts when the toddler screams 'kiss two' again. or is she saying kiss too? and then she realizes what the girl wants, she wants her doll to get a kiss!

daniel looks at her with a questioning look in his eyes. since he obviously doesn't know what she's up to.

franny picks lavender's doll up, and gives her a kiss.

"now your doll has gotten a kiss too! that's what you meant, right? kiss too!"

but lavender is shaking her head wildly. what!? that's not what she meant? then what in the world could she mean with kiss too? there's nothing left in this room to receive a kiss.

and that's when it hits her. there is something left here that hasn't had a kiss yet. someone actually. and this someone turns out to be her best friend who's sitting across her.

eyeing the confused look on his face, he obviously still has zero clue what Lavender means. but franny does.

well, if this is the only way of shutting the girl up and making her go to sleep, she's got to do what she's got to do.

"lavender, do you want me to give uncle dani a goodnight kiss?"

daniel's pov

"lavender, do you want me to give uncle dani a goodnight kiss?"

as franny says this, a relieved look washes over lavender's face. they've found the solution!

wait. give him a kiss? what does she mean give him a kiss? she can't possibly kiss him, they're best friends! why does lavender want them to do this? has jack brought any ideas into her head?

daniel is so confused and in his head, that he doesn't notice franny leaning in, until she's right in front of his face.

suddenly he is very aware of all of his senses. but franny is not aiming for his forehead, as he expected. or hoped.

and she's also not aiming for his cheek, which would've made sense.

no, his best friend is looking at his lips. he can feel her breath mixing with his.

and then they crash together.

just lips on lips. nothing more. nothing less.

the way her lips feel is just as he would've expected if he had ever spent thought on it. they're soft, round and taste sweet.

everything around the two of them fades away. all his thoughts fade away. the only thing left is franny's lips.

he can't hear lavender cheering. he can't even remember that's she's there.

this is everything he ever wanted, and it's everything that should've never happened. they're best friends.

and when he reminds himself of that, he breaks away.

WOOOOO sorry for the long wait btw