Summer Holidays

'Woohoo! It's summer!' Anne yells as she charges out of the school ahead of us.
'Annie, slow down!' Kitty cries as she and Jane race after their cousin. 'We agreed we would walk together.'
'Running is more fun!' Catalina, Anna, and I watch the spectacle in front of us. Then, we see Henry walking towards us, and we make a run for it. We catch up with Anne, Kitty and Jane before we make it out the school gates. Henry isn't chasing us, which is at least one good thing.

Rocky, Bessie, Maggie and Joan are waiting for us. Their teacher let them out early, and they are all wearing green sunglasses. 'Those sunglasses look cool,' I say. 'Where did you get them from?'
'We got them from the new store that opened on the high street, Holbein Boutique. They do all sorts of things that could work for your girl group,' Rocky says.

We showed everyone the video we did for our history project when Catalina added them to the group chat. After months of excessively using our costumes to try new dance routines for other songs we might want to do, they all broke. Maybe the fabric we used wasn't the best material for costumes, not if they break within months. Mum and Mummy had to deal with all of us shouting and crying over our beloved costumes.

Maybe Holbein Boutique will give us some inspiration.

As we walk down the street, Rocky, Bessie, Maggie, and Joan get their phones out. 'This is the shop,' Rocky says and shows us a picture. The front of the shop looks warm and inviting. Holbein Boutique is in white letters, and the shop windows show that the inside looks slightly chaotic.
'That looks like our sort of place,' Anne says. 'We might get some ideas while we're there.'

Before we head into town, we are about to head home to change out of their school uniform when I notice the neighbours over the road talking and glancing over at my house. 'Why are they looking over at your house?' Rocky asks, folding her arms.
'I don't know, but I don't like the look of it.' We all stare at the two of them, hoping they will move off.

The neighbours don't move. 'We need to go over there and tell them to stop looking at your house,' Rocky says. 'That shouldn't be allowed.'
'I agree,' Joan nods.
'I'm going over there now,' Maggie says. 'No one stares at our friends' house and gets away with it.'
'Whoa, whoa, whoa!' I yell, holding Maggie back. 'They're doing nothing wrong yet. Let's leave them alone, and they'll hopefully leave us alone.' We head back to our homes.

'Did you three have a good day at school?' Mummy asks.
'It was fine,' Jane says. 'But we're relieved it's the summer holidays. Oh, Rocky, Joan, Bessie, and Maggie found a shop that opened in town recently. Can we go?'
'I don't see why not,' Mum says. 'Just make sure you're back for dinner, okay?'
'We will,' I promise.

When we're changed, we're ready to leave when the doorbell rings. Instead of Catalina, Anna, Kitty, Rocky, Joan, Bessie and Maggie standing there, it's the neighbours. Our friends are close behind them. 'Are you guardians in?' The man asks. Why doesn't he ask if my mums are in?
'Yes, they are.' I fold my arms. 'And for your information, they're my mums. I think we told you that last time, and you conveniently forgot.' Rocky starts giggling. 'And you barged in last time, so I'm not moving aside. Anne!' I spot Anne running down the stairs. 'Can you please tell Mum and Mummy that the annoying and insulting neighbours are here?'
'Sure,' Anne agrees. 'Do you want me to use that exact wording?' I nod, and Anne yells the message from the doorway. Mum and Mummy walk over and tell us that we can go to town and visit Holbein Boutique.

When we get to Holbein Boutique, we see that hardly anyone is in the shop. We step inside, and the store owner looks up. 'Herzlich willkommen!' He says and hurries over to us. 'It's lovely to see you. Can I do anything for you?'
'We're just browsing now, but thank you,' Rocky says.
The man nods. 'If you need anything, I'll be behind the counter.' He hurries away.
'That's Mr Holbein,' Maggie says. 'He was reincarnated about twenty years ago, from what I remember. He enjoyed fashion since then and set this place up.'
'How do you know about this?' Jane asks.
'He worked out who we were, and I wouldn't be surprised if he works out who you are soon.'
'Mr Holbein, as in, Hans Holbein, the famous painter?' I ask. 'One of the most well-known artists at Henry VIII's court?'
'Ja,' Mr Holbein agrees from behind the counter. 'I had the pleasure of meeting all of you in my previous life.'