CHAPTER FOUR

Juliet honestly thought they weren't going to make it because the four of them ended up being trapped by the Cranks with no way out. Luckily they were saved by Jorge and Brenda. She climbed into the back of the truck along with the boys as Jorge drove out of the tunnel.

"I'm impressed!" Jorge grinned. "You guys almost lasted throughout the whole thing."

By her seat besides Frypan, Juliet rolled her eyes. If that was supposed to be a compliment, it didn't sound like one to her. She looked over when Brenda turned around to them and shook her head.

"I'm sorry." Thomas apologized. "I didn't want to bring you guys into this."

"I think what he's trying to say is thanks for saving us." Frypan spoke up, and Juliet nodded in agreement.

Brenda smiled. "You're welcome." she said as she turned back around in her seat as Jorge spoke.

"Hey, don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint back over there, that was the city's last defense. If that was overrun, chances are the city is too."

"Yeah," Newt spoke up as he stared at out the window at something. "unless they figured out some other way to keep the Cranks out."

Juliet looked over at what he was looking at and her eyes widened when she saw a wall surrounding the city. Jorge stopped the car as he looked over at the city.

Juliet gets out of the car along with everyone else as they stare at the city. "Funny..." Newt scoffed as he put his hands on his hips, and Juliet glanced to her right at him. "Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out...and now we wanna break back in."

"Yeah. It's hilarious." Frypan nervously said as he rolled his eyes.

"Jorge, how do we get in?" Thomas asked.

"Don't look at me, hermano." Jorge shook his head, and pointed at the walls. "Those walls are new. I guess that's WICKED answer for everything."

"Well," Brenda crossed her arms as she looked at everyone. "we aren't going to figure it out from up here."

"Let's go!" She exclaimed and walked back to the truck as Frypan and Jorge got in. Juliet went to climb in, but stopped and turned around, seeing Thomas and Newt staring at the city.

"You really think he's in there?" Newt asked him.

"I guess we'll find out." Thomas replied.

"You know she's gonna be there too." Newt reminded him, referring to Teresa.

Juliet bit her lower lip and climbed into the back of the truck. Once they were in the truck, Jorge took off driving towards the last city. Outside of the walls everything was ruined. She couldn't believe that the whole world was like that. Ruined. Gone.

They had to go on foot once they were getting close to the walls of the city. There was a gaint crowd of people, some simply non immunes, and others close to becoming a Crank, shouting at WICKED. They were blocked off by large walls, but that didn't stop them from throwing things in that direction.

Thomas had a tight grip on Juliet's hand, not wanting to lose her in the crowd. "We just got to stay together." Thomas suggested, and they all nodded.

They pushed there way to the front of the crowd. Jorge tried convincing Thomas that this was a bad idea and that they should leave, but Thomas wasn't going to give up.

Juliet felt uncomfortable for some reason. She felt like someone was staring at her. She glanced all around, and then noticed a guy staring at him through a makeshift gas mask, and when she looked to the right, she saw the same. Her eyes widened as she realized they were being followed which was not good.

She looked at Thomas and the others to see if they noticed people were following them. She looked at Newt since she noticed he was looking around. "You see them too?" she mouthed and he nodded. It made her feel a little better to know she wasn't the only one who saw them.

"Guys, we gotta go now." Newt said, getting Thomas' and Jorge's attention. "Look." he pointed to the guy in the makeshift gas mask that was pushing his way through the crowd towards them. They looked to the left and right, seeing more guys like that one coming there way, and they realized they were trapped.

Everyone looked over at the walls when a loud siren went off. Everyone grew quiet, waiting in fear at what was about to happen. Giant machines filled with bullets moved from their dormant state to an active one as it aimed at the crowd. There was a moment of silent before the first bomb went off that scent the crowd into a panic.

Juliet and the others froze in fear for only a second before they took off running away as the bombs blew up the sand and dirt behind them. Screams filled the air, and somehow they made it out alive.

But they weren't free for long when people began jumping out of their hiding places and grab each of them. They fought against them, but they were severely outnumbered. They were all thrown into different cars and driven off to an unknown place.

Juliet noticed that the people who took them were the same people who followed them before. She ended up in a van with Brenda and Thomas, and she was just glad she wasn't in there by herself with these people.

When the van stopped, the back door opened, and they were forced harshly out of the vans. The vans brought them to a place that looked like an old skateboard park or something similar to that, but the area was filled with people in more of those makeshift masks.

Once the other van stopped, and the back door opened, a guy with a makeshift mask was thrown out as Jorge jumped on top of him, yelling about where Brenda was. Juliet, Brenda and Thomas immediately ran over to him. Brenda pulled Jorge off, reassuring him that she was fine as Newt and Frypan got out of the van.

Some of the people went over to them, aiming their guns at them. Juliet raised her hands up in defense along with the others, showing that they meant no harm.

"Everybody relax, we're all on the same side here." one of the guys spoke up, and she recognized seeing him when they were outside of the walls of the city.

Thomas was furious as he looked at him. "What do you mean same side?"

"Yeah, who are you guys?" Juliet spoke up.

It grew silent as the people in the masks looked at them. Juliet glanced over at Newt and Frypan, seeing that they had a look of realization and shock made her wonder if they knew who some of these people were.

The guy in front of them took off his mask, revealing a guy that looked to be around their age. She didn't recognize him, but it looked like Newt, Frypan, and Thomas did. She then realized that the guy must've been in the maze with them.

He nodded towards Thomas. "Hey, Greenie."

A/N I honestly wasn't for sure at how I was going to end this, but I hope you guys liked it!