CHAPTER SEVEN

The next nigh they decided to go along with Gally's plan even though Thomas still wasn't a fan of it. The plan was for Thomas to lure Teresa away into a quiet part of the city where they could get her and bring her back to the abandoned church they decided to stay in for this plan.

Newt took off the bag off of Teresa's head and set it down on the table Brenda was sitting at. Teresa looked at each of them with wide eyes, surprised that they were all there and confused at what was going on.

Her eyes landed on Gally, not expecting to see him since she thought he was dead. "Gally?"

"Here's how this going to go." Gally said, crossing his arms as he sat on top of a table. "We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know."

Teresa looked around at each of them, eventually locking eyes with Juliet. Juliet had a frown on her face, still upset that Teresa had betrayed them. Teresa was actually starting to be a good friend of hers, but she should've known that Teresa was working with WICKED.

Teresa furrowed her eyebrows, and then back at Gally as he pulled a chair over in front of her. "We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?"

Teresa shook her head. "You guys don't seriously think..." She looked over at Thomas who sat behind Gally. Gally sat the chair loudly on the floor and sat in it, shaking his head. "Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you."

"Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" Gally asked her. Teresa was quiet for a moment before she replied with, "He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three."

"How many others?" Newt questions.

"Twenty-eight." Teresa answered. Juliet's eyes widened, surprised at how many they had. She glanced over at Brenda when she spoke. "I can make that work."

"No." Teresa shook her head. "No. You guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas informed her.

"Well, I don't know. We don't necessarily need her." Gally shrugged his shoulders and Juliet raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was going on about. "Right? Not all of her." She watched with curiosity as he got up, pulling the chair back over to the table Frypan leaned against and picked up a knife.

"We just need her finger." Gally said.

Juliet shook her head. "Let's try to keep everyone in one piece, Gally."

"Fine, but I guarantee you she has done a lot worse to Minho." Gally gestured to Teresa as he spoke.

"That's not the plan, back off." Thomas stood up, taking the knife away from Gally.

"It won't make a difference." Teresa shrugged her shoulders. "Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up..."

"We know. We're tagged. Property of WICKED." Thomas interrupted her, walking over to her and kneels besides her. "You're gonna help us with that too."

****

Teresa eventually almost got everyone's chip out of their neck with Thomas being the last one.

"She enjoyed that." Gally scoffed, putting a piece of cloth on the table that he used to stop the bleeding.

Frypan chuckled. "You're probably right."

Juliet just rolled her eyes, staying silent as she put the piece of cloth down on the table whenever the bleeding on the back of her neck stopped. She looked over when a purple jacket was handed to her by Newt. He sent her a small smile. "I found this and didn't know if you needed a new one."