chapter 2

2153

I shouldn't have come.

That is all you thought about, looking at the big tornado surrounding the Oshibana Station. The harsh wind is blowing against you, causing your hair to fly all over the place and your clothes to wrinkle.

You were wondering how you came into this situation in the first place. Was it for Erza? Not at all. Was it something she said? Ah, yes. Something about a demon.

You look up at the scene in front of you.

That is not a demon. Did she lie to me?

No, Erza wouldn't lie to you. She's not the type to lie about something like this. But then, where is the demon?

You sigh. You've been dragged into something you don't want to be a part of.You would rather go home, lie down on your bed, read your book, and maybe have some tea. Because of her, you didn't get your daily supply of poisonous mushroom tea, which put you in a very bad mood.

"She's not even here to explain it to me." You said it, pouting.

Just then, the ground a few feet in front of me started to crumble. It's like someone is digging the dirt out. But why would they be digging out? Isn't it fun to stay beneath the ground and never come out? It makes you wonder what being buried alive feels like. The thought excites you.

A few seconds later, people started to emerge from the hole. The first things to come out are a blue cat and a pink-haired man, who seems to be carrying an injured male. The pink-haired man then laid the man on his shoulder on the ground. Then they immediately take off into the sky.

"Oh, that's Natsu and Happy, is it?"

You look back at the hole, now seeing Erza, Gray, and a girl with blonde hair. They are talking about something, but due to the harsh wind and the distance between you and them, you can't hear what they are saying. You walk closer to them to catch what their conversation is about. Once you were close enough, you quietly stand behind Gray, not letting them know your presence yet.

"Where's Natsu?!" you heard Erza shout over the wind, then Gray said, "Happy's not here either!" You step closer to them before speaking, "The cat and the dragon flew off. And with an incredible speed, I must say. " They all turn to look at you.

Your guildmates seem relieved by your presence, but the blonde one seems terrified for some reason. "Layla! " Thank goodness you're here! " Erza takes a step closer to you.

"Yeah, Where have you been? " Gray asked, looking at you questioningly. "I have to take care of something important before coming here."

I have to finish my book. I'm on the last chapter.

"Well, I'm thankful you made it just in time. Do you know where Natsu and Happy went? " Erza asks you, placing her hands on her hips. "Yes, They went in that direction." You raise your hand to point in the direction where Happy flew off with Natsu.

"That's the direction to Clover. They must be in pursuit of Erigor already. "

"Yes, We must follow them quickly before anything happens. "

"No."

They all stop and look at you. "We are not going anywhere until you tell me what is happening. You told me yesterday it was about a demon, but this—" you point at the Oshibana Station still surrounded by a tornado "—is definitely not a demon!" You finish with a small frown on your face. They look at you with wide eyes, surprised by your sudden outburst.