chapter 3

4826

"Huh?"

It's been days since you went out on a mission. It takes you a few days to finish that mission. You had to travel through several towns just to reach the location, and considering you seldom take trains, you finally made it back to the guild.

Others might think you should go home, get some rest, and maybe take a long and nice bath, but not you. You see this as an opportunity. Overworking the human body can create multiple complications. Hopefully, it might lead to your death, and taking your last breath is like music to your ears.

That's why you are currently standing in front of the S-class request board. You are hoping to see if you can get the job request you've been eyeing for a while now. But to your utter surprise, it's no longer there.

You put your finger to your chin, thinking to yourself, "I remember telling Mira to save it for me? Did someone else take it? " To be sure, you go downstairs and ask Mira about it.

"Hey, Mira!" You called the girl behind the bar.

She turns in your direction, her eyes widening for a second before giving you a closed-eyed smile. "Oh! Hello, Layla. Welcome back. " She greeted you just like every single time. You smile at her in return.

"Have you seen the job request that I told you about? About the cursed island? It's no longer on the board upstairs. Did someone else take it? "

"Yes, someone else did take it."

"Oh, really?" It causes a frown to form on your face, and your mood dampens a little. You are really looking forward to taking that job. The Cursed Island of Galuna sounded really dangerous, and a job request like that smells like death itself. Plus, you heard that every citizen of the island turned into demons, which is really cool. Imagine going to a village full of demons. But if someone else already takes it, you won't be able to go now.

That thought saddens you. You are really looking forward to getting killed by a bunch of demons.

"Who takes it?" If you are going to be sad about it, you might as well know who put you into a state of depression.

"Well... Natsu and Lucy did." You blink at her, slowly processing the unexpected answer. You do know you aren't at the guild for most of the time, but as far as you know, Natsu isn't an s-class wizard.

I need to spend more time at the guild. I'm missing out so much.

"Natsu? But, Natsu isn't an s-class. How did he get permission to take it? "

"Well, that's the problem. He didn't." You look at her with a confused expression. "Happy stole it for him."

You look at her like she's joking before you burst out laughing. You know how the boy wants to be an s-class wizard and take much harder jobs, but you didn't see this coming. 

Stealing an S-class mission from the second floor with the Master always watching using your flying cat. That was a pretty stupid plan, you have to admit. And to think they really succeeded? You are beyond impressed.

A few people look in your direction, probably confused as to what made you laugh out loud like that. A while later, after you calm down, you look back at Mira.

"Makarov must be furious!" you stated while wiping a tear from your eyes from laughing so much. You lean your back against the counter, looking at her over your shoulder.

"He is. He sent Gray to pick them up, but when he didn't come back, he sent Erza instead. She left not too long ago. If you want, you can follow her. I know you really want to take that job. If you join her, maybe you can stay behind and finish the job after she handles Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Happy. "