Ch 11. Recovery Room

Y/N P.O.V

June 4th, 2019

Hospital Room

5:10 AM

I see only darkness. I try to wake up but couldn't. I want to regain control on my body again but couldn't. I try remembering what happened before everything turned black. I remember that I was fighting this one demon. I couldn't let a single hit on the demon. I saw a sword and grab it, and that is the last thing I remember. Wait no, I remember something else. I think I remember a vision of Nero looking mortified at me, but only that. Why did he give me that look? And what was the situation before that? I try to remember it, but I couldn't. Did I make that up?

Soon I feel my consciousness back. I slowly open my eyes and get greeted by some lights. After adjusting to it, I notice my whole body feels numb. I try to move my body but failed. I look around and see that I'm laying down in a hospital bed inside a room which I presume is a hospital room. There are machines connected to my body. Almost my whole body is covered by the hospital blanket, expect my upper body and my left arm. I look at my left arm and see someone sleeping on my hand.

It's Nero. He's vast asleep, cuddling my left arm. I look at his face, he looks like he hasn't slept in a while and looks like he cried a lot. Does he know what happened to me?

I try to move my left arm to wake him up, but I don't feel a thing. My whole body feels numb. So, with all my energy I try to move my fingers. I begin to move my index finger on his face. I scratch his face, but he just brushes it off. With all my strength I poke left cheek. His eyes begin to squint. I continue poking him and it works. His eyes slowly open up and looks at. He then notices that I'm awake. His eyes shot right open. He quickly grabs my body, lift me up so that I'm sitting on the bed and gives me a hug.

"Thank god you're alive!" He says in a rough voice.

I wanted to ask him so many questions. What happened? Why am I in a hospital bed? Did something happen in the cult hideout? Where is Dante, Lady and Trish? And many more question. But even with all my strength I can't speak.

Nero continue to hug me for a long time. He eventually let go and let me lie down. He, however, continues to hold my hand.

"Dante, Lady and Trish are back in home. They told me to stay here with you and wait till you wake up. I call them and let them know the news."

He gives one strong grip on my hand before going to the hallway. It takes some minutes till he comes back and begins to hold my hand.

"They're on the way. Try to get some rest. I make sure you're safe." He says the last part with a sad voice.

I know that won't feel my body for a while. So, I decide to close my eyes and rest for a while. 

I don't know how much I slept, but I hear some familiar voices. I open my eyes and see Nero, who is still sitting on my left side, talking to Dante, Lady and Trish. They notice that I'm awake. Dante begins to walk towards me and put his hand on my right shoulder.

"Glad you're awake kid. How are you feeling?" He says in a soothing voice.

I let a huff. "Better." I say tiredly. "I don't feel almost my entire body though."

Dante looks back at the rest before looking back at me.

"Y/N, what is the last thing you remember?" He asks me.

"I remember... that I was fighting this one demon." I answer tiredly. "This demon was hard to kill... So, I saw a sword and wanted to grab it. And then... I don't remember."
Dante, Lady and Trish look at me with sympathy while Nero look at me uneasy.