Ch 19. Demon Unleashed

Dante P.O.V

June 17th, 2019

Cult Hideout (cathedral)

09:13 PM

I look down on the floor where two bodies are lying down, thanks to me. I let out a sigh. I discover a while ago that this is in fact the cults hideout, thanks to those cultists walking around the place, but I still haven't found Y/N.

I look around. I'm in what appears to be an office. There is multiple bookcases and a desk in the room. What catches my eyes is that on the desk a book is with a cover that reads something about Fomortiis.

I open the book and skimmer though the pages. Eventually my eyes land on a page called the 'Ritual'.

'To fully resurrect the demon of chaos, Fomortiis, you first need to find a vessel. The vessel is requiring carrying Fomortiis blood. If you have the vessel, you need then awaking part of Fomortiis powers within the vessel. You do this by bathing the vessel in the blood of many different kind of demons. The vessel then has the abilities to use part of Fomortiis powers. As for the final part of the ritual, you need to let the vessel to let go for a killing spree. You need the vessel to be consume in utter chaos and mayhem. If done successfully, they're minds will be switched with Fomortiis.'

"Damnit..." I groan.

"I need to find the kid ASAP."

Y/N P.O.V

I follow behind Nero as he follows the way. It's feels like days that I'm stuck here. Nero is defeating many cultists and demons along the way.

"Y/N." Nero says to me and nods forward.

I look where he is nodding towards and see multiple demons.

"Are we going to attack them?"

He hums in responds. "Let's go."

We run towards the demons. I hold Blutgang in my right hand in charging my magic in my other hand. I focus on a demon with a black rope with scissors in their hands.

I slash my sword against it, but they block it with their scissor. I then let out a dark sphere on them. The demon got stunned and then I slashed them. I then continue to slash the demon and destroy its sword. I finally then stab its white head, killing it.

I look to my right side and see Nero killing of some demons, but there is a lizard like demon with a blade sneaking up on him. I run towards Nero and block the demon's blade with my sword. I then let out my left hand and let out my dark spikes, killing it.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah, thanks." Nero says with a smirk.

I then look towards the demon which Nero is fighting.

"Time to kill?" Nero smirks at me.

I hum in responds and kiss him on his cheek. "Anytime."

We look back at the demons and charge towards the demon. We then hold our swords and start to attack the demons. After some time, we killed those demons. Nero and I are panting hard.

"We should... continue to escape."

I nod and hum in responds. After we got our breath back, we continue our escape. We walk and walk for a while, till we found a door. I look at Nero and he nods. I open the door and step inside a large, circlelike room. After we step inside the room. I hear a sound behind us, and we look behind us. The door is suddenly locked.

"Welcome back human vessel."

We look back and see an old man in a velvet red cloak suddenly standing before us. Nero immediately pull out his sword and stare at him with rage.

"Fuck off." He groans at him.

He only smirks at his responds. "My apologize, but I cannot do that."

He claps with his hands and suddenly demons appear out of nowhere. I begin to brace my sword and take my stance.

"Not again." I sigh.

Demons who look similarly to the ones we fought before starts attacking us. One charge full speed towards me. I hold my sword tight as it crashes against it. There is another one coming to me and I slash it in half. Then another comes towards me. I pull up my left hand and shoot out a dark sphere. This cycle of killing demons and then killing demons again is tiring. Meanwhile Nero is doing the same as me.

"Can these fuckers stop coming?!" I scream angerly, yet also tiring.

"We need a plan! The exhausting will kill us if this keeps going!" Nero say while slashing a demon in half. He is now currently using Dual Strike.

I try to think of an idea while killing hordes of demons. The door behind us is locked so we can't escape though there. I don't see any other way that we can escape.

Okay, escaping is no option. Maybe I should think a way to stop the hordes of demons. Killing them won't do any good, they just keep appearing. It seems no end to them. Where do these demons come from any way? They appear when that old guy clap with his hands. Did he summons those demons?

"Nero! Maybe if we kill the old guy, the hordes of demons stop spawning!"

"Gotcha!"

We continue our assault and begin moving towards the center of the room. My entire body is covered with demon blood thanks to the fighting. I don't even notice how bad I'm smelling because of the demons keep charging at me. I breath harder after every slash I make.

After a while, I see the old man, smiling with a grin at me. I look at him furiously.

"I get my revenge." I growl at him.

I'm almost at him. There are just a few demons in my way. In panic I slash an ant-like demon in half and use my telekinesis to throw a bat like demon at the other side of the room. I use my dark spikes to kill a big demon that was walking with two legs.

The man is now close to me, but I can see that the demons are close to surrounding me again. I use my instinct and pull up my left hand. I use my telekinesis and pull the man close to me and stab him with Blutgang. He just smirks at me and let out a dying laugh. The demons start disappearing one by one.

"You asshole. I wish I could give you a fate worse than death."

He only laughs at my responds. Unknowingly to me, he pulls out a knife and stab me with it, into my stomach.

"Y/N!" Nero says and quickly rushes over to me.

"I can sense it in you..." He starts speaking while, while I look mortified at him. "The utter chaos... that wants to destroy everything... you are almost done..." He laughs again. "Know that you will always stay here... if you escape here, there are just even more demons waiting outside... and now matter what... you will be consume by the chaos... and your lover will die in a meaningless death..."

I look at him with rage in my eyes and slash my sword even further, killing him.

I drop down on my knees and cover my ears with my hands. I begin to start crying and hyper ventilate. I feel Nero hugging me and talking to me, but I couldn't hear a single word. The only things are saying these four words in panic.

"Please make this stop. Please make this stop."

I continue saying these words over and over again, when suddenly, I don't feel anything anymore, even my own body. Did... did he do it... Is my body finally taking over by Fomortiis?